finasteride users please reply, anyone have more shedding, acne, sor

Reaction score
I am at the 30 day mark roughly on finasteride. I have noticed a SLIGHT BIT of random pimples I normally NEVER get. However, this is the worst of it when it comes to sides I have gotten so I am not minding it at all.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
No extra oiliness, haven't gotten a real breakout for years, starting finasteride has not changed that. I would like to recommend astringent as a face cleanser for you, I used it back in those awkward teenage years and it did wonders. The best brand is the generic walmart brand, its blue and usually on the bottom shelf in the face cleaner stuff isle.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My skin is as dry as it has ever been, never any extra oil.

Didn't your hair shed like a mofo when you went on finasteride? Hope you don't have to put up with that again dude.

Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 10 months so far. I did experience increased shedding in the beginning and I still experience minor sheds here and there about once or twice a month. Since you are on the 2 weeks mark I would say that it is simply a sign that the medication is at work.

I have naturally pretty oily skin but i feel like my scalp and face is a little less greasy after taking finasteride. But im not sure if it even has anything to do with finasteride.

I haven't experienced any issues with sore scalp, but i do develop acne on my scalp every now and then. But im guessing its from the minoxidil. I also have been experiencing spikes of stress more often due to work and what not so that could be a reason for my acne problem as well.

I guess you should just try ride it out for a few months and see what happens for now.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
that...is pretty bad. I dunno what to say man. Dunno what i'd do in your situation.

T

TravisB

OMG man, this looks bad, and it happened so fast. Maybe you are allergic to finasteride? If I were you, I would drop it and see if the acne disappears. Any chance that it's caused by something else?

triplethreat1

Reaction score
your skin didnt look great before but finasteride has had an effect.

Probs from the drastic change in hormone levels

I would guess if you ride it out t should settle

moonbase

Reaction score
Hey Irish. When I took finasteride awhile back I got excessively oily skin, acne, high sex drive and very low alcohol tolerance to name a few. I stayed on it for about 6 months and then I threw in the towel, and everything got better (in time with proper diet). I cant say using finasteride made my hair better or quitting made it worse - I did shed but it slowly returned to baseline. I'd say it's due to the surge in testosterone but oily skin doesn't cause acne alone - you have a lot of inflammation - my acne wasn't even close to that bad. i'd fathom the guess that you've got some underlying issues going on - as you had acne before. To be honest your hair looks okay? Why put yourself through the roller coaster ride? Why not stick to your current treatments, work out and eat a healthy diet?

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 27...always had decent skin but am getting much more random acne since using and upping my dosage of finasteride.