Fincar Finpecia questions

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone actually have success with either of these, I KNOW they are the same thing as the generics with the same active ingredients as their counterparts i dont need that schpeal. From what i have seen no one has had great success with these. Maybe its me....i dunno.....any comments success with these or anything w*ould be helpful.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Fincar user here, for now it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. I might switch to propecia for a few months to see what happens though. Cipla has to have a slight molecular difference between fincar/proscar, and finpecia/propecia to be allowed to produce them.

Free Bird

Reaction score
Bone Daddy said:
Fincar user here, for now it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. I might switch to propecia for a few months to see what happens though. Cipla has to have a slight molecular difference between fincar/proscar, and finpecia/propecia to be allowed to produce them.

Gosh, I thought I was tripping the first time I saw the snowflakes on these pages! Eggnog shouldn't cause that! LOL

About Cipla, the way I understand it, Cipla just uses a different "manufacturing process" to make the same drugs. That's the way the patent system in India works. As long as the process is different, they can make what they want. That is until the first of the year, where India patent laws will come in line with those in the EU and the rest of the world. That said, there could still be some molecular difference I suppose.

I too have been looking for success stories for those using Cipla products. Hopefully some more people will chime in here.

Reaction score
I am somewhat doubtful about the Cipla finasteride I got, for a variety of reasons. One of the side effects I got was a sharp pain near my liver, which was not listed as a side effect. I am in excellent health and never experienced any kind of pain in that region. I tried to grin and bear it, but after 2 weeks, it was just too much -- I could barely sit comfortably. A day or so after I quit, I felt back to normal and 100% myself.

I had also experienced some depression when I first started it, but this faded when I altered what time of day I took it. Depression is a relatively common side effect of finasteride, so that fell into line with my expectations. It was not caused by the "realization of my baldness and my struggling to cope with it" like many others suggest as the culprit for finasteride depression -- to the contrary, I am very positive and happy with my life and myself, I just think it would be cool to give hair regrowth a shot.

However, I do call into question the "presentation" of Cipla's product. The pills arrived to me in sealed blast caps -- that was fine. The troubling part was the fact that they were sent in a sandwhich baggie within a small orange folder. I realize that's all irrelevant if the finasteride they send is 100% the real deal, but it sure doesn't do much to instill faith in the consumer. Again, you'll have to see what the majority of people on here say, but that has been my experience with it.

In fairness to finpecia, I am going to give Proscar a shot and see if I have the same reaction. I think that should be a pretty clear indicator of whether or not it was the poor quality of Cipla's product that caused my reaction, or whether it is finasteride in general. I will post as soon as I get some Proscar in my system. I hope for the consumer's sake that the Cipla stuff is legit.

Hope this helps!

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont care who you buy from, if your crap comes in ziploc bags, your a fool for taking it.

Mine came in sealed blisterpacks and in a box.

(fincar)

I got mine from 4-corners online pharmacy.

Reaction score
I got mine from the place recommended on this site.

nawlins99

Reaction score
hey guys, i get mine from a canadian farm. comes in 3 separate pax. its fincar. the pills are really small and after a year, i really dont know if its keeping the hair i have or working at all...ugh. anyway, any idea how to cut the little bastards into fifths? right now and for a year ive been taking quarters every day. my libido i believe is taking a hit.thanks.

Axon

Reaction score
I've been using Fincar for 2 years and I have had success with it.