fincar for a year no results want to go to finpecia

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
ok i just read about 10 pages of this arguement w/ search. now basically im on minoxidil 5 and 15% and spironolactone 2% and nizoral with nioxin shampoo. everything was awesome the first 8 months after that it sucked. i introduced 15% on month 12 and then finasteride on month 18. no results shity hair. anyways its its about month 32 now hair looking like total ***. i have read couple people here who had better results with proscar or propecia rather then the generic. i have about 6 months of fincar here but truthfully im looking at finpecia but its basically the same thing so i went over to proscar and man....expensive well not what i am used to buying fincar is cheap:) anyways inhousepharmacy is where im going to buy whichever one i pick. after reading all the post why am i switching from generic to generic thats when i looked at proscar but man 100 bucks for 3 months... what do you think? bite the dust and see if 3 months of proscar will do anything?

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hoping said:
after reading all the post why am i switching from generic to generic thats when i looked at proscar but man 100 bucks for 3 months... what do you think? bite the dust and see if 3 months of proscar will do anything?

How much Finasteride are you taking there bud? You should be able to get Merck Proscar for just under $100 USD from inhousepharmacy and, if you cut them into 1/4ths, you should get 4 months out of 30 pills... So that is just under $25 USD per month... Much more then Fincar but if you end up getting results from the Proscar that you didnt get from the Fincar then you can safely assume the generic didnt work for you.

BTW, where are you buying Fincar now? Inhousepharmacy?

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i have fincar from inhouse. well im a college student. so every 3-4 months now i have to buy proscar and minoxidil 15% which is 200 all together at one time. yea i think im going to bite the bullet put the rest of this fincar aside and try proscar. that will most def tell me if generics works for me or not. i have to at least try...