First shed after 7 years on finasteride?

Texx

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
it´s my first post here...

I´ve been on Finpecia for about seven years now and never really
noticed shedding. In fact before i read about it here i didn´t even know about shedding on DHT Blockers. So probably those days when i felt that Propecia isn´t doing as good as it used to were shedding days/weeks.
Anyway i was able to maintain allmost everything i had when i started with a
very,very slow recession on the hairline.
Two and half month a go i went on a hollyday trip, forgot my pills and so was off treatment for 17 days.
One month ago i lost a huge amount of hair on my left temple within 2 or 3 days semms like almost a half inch on the hairline. The crown seems worse too.
Do you think this is just an awfull MBP attack or could it be that getting off an back on finasteride could cause my first noticeable shed?

...please excuse my english...

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
The efficacy of finasteride generally plateaus at 5 years. From there it's a slow slide backwards. But hell, if you got 7 years of good maintenance from it you can't be too upset. I imagine someone like Jayman is going to suggest dutasteride to you (much stronger DHT blocker), though I can't vouch for it (no experience).

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could very well be the fact that you were off it for those 17 days... who knows. sh*t man, that'd be devastating if after all that work 17 days could do this. Surely not though. Has anyone else had similar experiences after missing an amount of time like this?

Texx

Reaction score
I think it is right time to formulate and revise your regime.

...yeah i think i´ve been waiting long enough before adding minoxidil.
It was so easy...only take a pill daily :cry:
And despite all the frontal thinning storries i´ll give dutasteride a try...

qwerty123

Reaction score
shedding after restarting treatment

I have a somewhat similar situation, I went on vacation and missed about 10 days of my finasteride and about 3 weeks of minoxidil. I restarted both of them about 2 months ago and now i'm shedding like mad. I'm hoping it is temporary. Would love to hear from anyone else that has gone through something similar.

-qq