FLAKES.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I've posted quite a few things about this recently, but is there really nothing I can do about my seemingly Nizoral-induced flakes? Should I fight through it and hope it eventually gets better? Discontinue nizoral? Reduce applications to twice, or once per week?

I've been on minoxidil for a year with no sign of inflammation or irritation whatsoever. After starting Nizoral 2% (three times a week, with a moisturizing conditioner on off days) and finasteride (1mg per day) three months ago, I've undergone some crazy shedding and some crazier flaking. No redness or irritation-- just a flaky scalp.

Most importantly-- DO FLAKES MATTER? Is my flaky scalp going to keep my regimen from being effective? If the flakes are normal and aren't going to hurt anything, I can easily live with them.

Thanks.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interchange your nizoral with some t-gel.If your on a shampoo for three months odds are your body is going to get used to it and the nizoral wont be as effective as it was the first time you put it on.
Its kinda like working out you have to switch up your routine or your body gets used to it.

Buy some T-Gel and switch hit with your nizoral every once in awhile.I do beleive awhile back seeing somebody say something about using a shampoo for 3 weeks then switchin to another for another 3 weeks then vise versa.