FlashFirez Story (19 y/o)

FlashFirez

Reaction score
Hi, I have been lurking in these forums for couple weeks now and I have to say that its been really helpful/informative. My story is like many I have seen posted before me. I guess I should start with family history, my father seemed to have also had hairloss around 17ish and by age of 30 he had lost majority of his hair on top, not sure what his norwood scale would be. My entire father's side had hairloss issues all my uncles and my grandfather are bald. My mother's side was the reverse and all my uncle as well as my maternal grandfather has pretty good hair. I’m only 19 years old now and I’d say I’ve been noticing mild hairloss since about 17 but back then it wasn’t too big of a deal as there was practically no difference. Anyways now after two years I have noticed some recessions on my sides as well as my front hairlines thinning to the point that at close inspection you can see through my scalp. I understand that my loss probably isn’t too severe compare to some other users on this forum however I want to minimize this problem as much as possible atleast for couple years till I graduate university and get a job, then perhaps I’ll look into hair transplant depending on the situation. So my hair loss objective is to simply maintain what I have regrowth isn’t really a focus although obviously would be awesome. Since I’m not too focused on regrowth I don’t really want to invest on minoxidil considering that it’s a heavy commitment and at my current stage don’t really have a need for it yet. I have read quite a bit about finasteride and to be honest I am very afraid of the sides although I feel I should atleast try it out. I have read on the “dealing with side effects†forums that apparently taking zinc can reverse the negative sides of finasteride, and I’m wondering that if I take zinc tablets as soon as I start taking finasteride will the finasteride sides be negated by the zinc such that my estrogen level may remain at its current stage. If this theory is true then what is the recommended dose of zinc I should take. BTW the dose of finasteride I currently have in mind would be 1/8 proscar I guess or perhaps even less. I have yet to obtain the prescription for finasteride although I plan to get an appointment with my GP once the university year is over(going through exams atm). So at the current time I’m only taking nizoral, started about a week ago so cant really comment on its effects either. Anywayz thanks for reading my story and all posts are truly appreciated.