Fluridil: first month experience

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm about 1 and a half month into fluridil and I thought I'd share my experiences with you.
I had some doubt whether or not fluridil was right for me (time will tell), seeing as I am mainly interested in thickening and (hopefully regrowing), but I am giving it a good 6 months before I make any conclusions.

I like to think of it as an experiment

First things first; the product itself:
I've got to admit I hated the caps at first, but I suppose you get used to them. They're great when you travel, but it's kinda akward to store 4 boxes full of suspicious- looking ampules in the bathroom. (Luckily enough, I am in a healthy marriage with a woman who knows she's not supposed to touch my finasteride if she ever should want to get pregnant, and knows that fluridil is a hair agent; not anabolic steroids.) But EVEN SO; it's a pain to have close to a hundred little ampules rather than 3 simple bottles..
I actually consider ordering the stuff month to month because of that: I can easily fit 30 or so ampules in an unsuspicious little bag which I can stow away in a drawer, but not 120.

applying and stuff
Some people say the caps are hard to open, or that they cut themselves, but I haven't had that problem just yet. I discovered you can snap the glass cap open WITH the applicator, shielding your fingers. Works for me.

2mL is quite a lot. If you only need it at a certain area (vertex, temples), you will get soaked. There's just enough to cover the entire scalp if you need to (at least mine). The way I do it: i apply one third at the "bald-patch risk area", the other third at my temples, and just spread the rest all over the scalp.

Also, the stuff dries crazy fast. I can literally apply it in the bathroom downstairs, go into the bedroom upstairs, go to bed, and my hair is dry.

the downsides
Ok, so fluridil decomposes if it gets in touch with water.
At first I thought this would be just a technicality. Turns out it isn't. This is a MAJOR pain in the a**, and is actually a pretty solid argument against fluridil in general. Consider the following:
Fluridil stops working if:
-if I break a sweat (running to the metro, warm weather, sex, exercise, manual labor, simply wearing a hat)
-if it starts to rain
-if I cook something (leaning over a pot of boiling pasta= moist air)
-if I apply hair gel too close to my scalp
...and at least a thousand other scenarioes.

The way I deal with this is to only apply fluridil at bedtime, and leave the central air on during the night (which we always do anyway). At least it gets a solid 8-9 hours on my scalp before I shower in the morning. (Believe it or not: simply standing in a shower gets your hair wet- even if you don't wash your hair.)
Also; I've tried cutting down on shampooing, increasing the dermal fat on my scalp (as they recommend in one of the studies). Don't know if it helps.

Results:
Obviously to soon to tell if anything miraculous happens, but I actually do shed less. A lot less in fact; I used to be able to pull out 5 or so hair with a hair-pull test but now it's nearly nothing.
Same goes for combing; I do not shed a single strand.

So for now I stay optimistic. If at 6 months this doesn't give me anything, I'm switching to good old rogaine.

Hoppi

Reaction score
yeah I think people lay into fluridil too much. I think it's alright stuff.

The reasons people give it a hard time are probably a combo of some of the stronger topicals existing like CB-03-01, and also the fact that fluridil is pretty expensive for what you get. The results people get seem... uneven, although I've heard good and bad stories.

I think it's probably passable stuff until CB goes more mainstream!

Glad it's working for you though! And well done on giving it a shot too and posting your experience, as it does help others :)

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
When you get done with 8 months of fluridil, then come holla at us.

These 1- 3 month updates are pointless...

Hoppi

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
When you get done with 8 months of fluridil, then come holla at us.

These 1- 3 month updates are pointless...

Damn dude, give the guy a break, he's just trying to share his experience thus far!

seconded :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I open the ampoules by wrapping a tissue round the top and breaking that way. I've never had a problem with them tbh

I agree the problem of water getting near your scalp is a pain and probably why Fluridil will never properly take off as a treatment. What you gain from it as a safety feature you lose in being restricted in what other topicals you use and what time you wash your hair

I use Rogaine Foam with it and luckily it dries fast so I can put the fluridil on 15 mins after my evening application. I reckon it would be impossible to use Fluridil + liquid Rogaine in a regimen together - there isn't enough hours in the day.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man thanks for letting us know! appreciate it!

be sure to update in 6 months if it helps ya =D

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

Hoppi said:
I think it's probably passable stuff until CB goes more mainstream!

Yeah, that's what I figure too. I'm thinking on a long term basis I'll switch over to CB, or maybe use both fluridil and CB together and ditch the finasteride.

Nashville Hairline said:
I use Rogaine Foam with it and luckily it dries fast so I can put the fluridil on 15 mins after my evening application. I reckon it would be impossible to use Fluridil + liquid Rogaine in a regimen together - there isn't enough hours in the day.

Thx for the tip. I actually considered adding rogaine to my regimen WITH fluridil right away, but I figured I'll wait at least 8 months (to better evaluate fluridil first.) I'll make sure to use the foam if/when I do.