Fluridil - how does it 'maintain'

brightside

Established Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't actually prevent further miniaturization of the hair follicle, how does it 'maintain' anything? That's what I've been reading, that it maintains...

el_duterino

Reaction score
in my experince it does not maintain over time - it helps slow down male pattern baldness and reduce shedding but its not a powerful treatment when used solo.

For the same money spent per day RU, will give much better results.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It "suppresses the androgen receptor" according to the study.

temp28

Reaction score
didn't maintain my hair when I stopped finasteride. (i also used nizoral, Revita, Revivogen, minoxidil) during that time.

and it's really expensive compared to any other treatments.

I wouldn't recommend it at all. + the vehicle is rather harsh on the scalp.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:

That's mentioned in the patent information, actually. I don't think the study in the medical journal says anything at all about fluridil supposedly down-regulating the number of androgen receptors; all it says is that it's an antiandrogen. By the way, even the patent information doesn't say anything about how it supposedly does that! I'm very very dubious about these claims being made for fluridil.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Nashville Hairline said:

That's mentioned in the patent information, actually. I don't think the study in the medical journal says anything at all about fluridil supposedly down-regulating the number of androgen receptors; all it says is that it's an antiandrogen. By the way, even the patent information doesn't say anything about how it supposedly does that! I'm very very dubious about these claims being made for fluridil.
Well, I quoted it from the first line in the 'Background' section of the study
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12174057

I agree with you that the study has some question marks over it and with the dual use of antiandrogen/androgen suppression it is confusing.

Certainly its chemical composition looks very similar to RU58841, flutamide and nilutamide so I dont have reason to doubt that it has anti-androgen properties..how it does does and how effective it is appears to be anyone's guess!