Follicopeptide Coegin is planning for the launch of its first product series for hair growth in 2025 followed by a skin pigmentation product in 2026.

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
News from Today

Press release |2024-09-11

Coegin Pharma announces Follicopeptide as the commercial ingredient brand name for FOL005

Coegin Pharma's INCI application for FOL005 was approved at the end of May 2024, and an INCI name was granted. This marked a significant milestone in the company's preparations for the global launch of a product series for hair growth, as an INCI approval is essential for marketing cosmetic products globally.

The company has since chosen to trademark the name and can now announce the commercial ingredient brand name “Follicopeptide”.
The official ingredient name that will appear in ingredient lists is “sh-Oligopeptide-128 SP”, and the commercial ingredient brand name is “Follicopeptide”.
“I am very pleased with the commercial name Follicopeptide and envision that it will signify a premium hair growth product. It will be a mark of quality, indicating that the product is effective and safe,” says Jens Eriksson, CEO of Coegin Pharma.

INCI stands for "International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients" and is an international system for naming ingredients used in cosmetic products. This system is used globally, including in the USA, the EU, China, and Japan, which have all been identified as key markets for the launch of Follicopeptide. INCI ensures that ingredients are clearly and consistently labelled, making it easier for consumers and authorities to understand and compare ingredient.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not going thru trials saves money tho, so your conclusion may not be neccesarily correct.
The trials they did go through showed they were not more effective than a placebo. There's a difference between skipping trials and actually going through the trials and failing and then releasing it anyways. They did it with Cosmerna and they're doing it with this Coegin stuff, I'm generally an optimistic person but this is nothing to be optimistic about. Most promising thing in the pipeline is GT20029, nothing even comes close, not even verteporfin