Folligen and then minoxidil....or vice versa?

neotokyo

Reaction score
Hi there all,
Just bought folligen after reading this board to relieve the itching and flaking from minoxidil.

Couldn't find specific directions anywhere for folligen.
So I was wondering.....

1)Are we suppose to apply folligen first and then minoxidil? or vice versa?

2)Also, are we suppose to wait until one dries before applying the other?

Thanks all!

misterium

Reaction score
From what I can gather (no sources for this information), Folligen is to be applied AFTER the minoxidil has 'settled' onto your scalp... dry or semi-dry I would imagine.

If your pores are open, and the chemicals have ingredients to enter said pores, then I see no reason as to why Folligen would not enter the scalp skin after the minoxidil has a chance to start absorbing. Do you?

Also, Folligen is sold as an addition to Propecia/minoxidil usage, which suggests to me that order doesn't really matter... however I would say minoxidil first then Folligen... as from my experiences, I can still feel the Folligen 'tingle' even after the minoxidil is still a bit 'wet' on my scalp.

I've since stopped minoxidil as it was only a few bottles I've gone through, allergic to PPG and ready to just get my scalp in 'healthy' shape again... I think I'm going to let the Propecia take effect first (been 2 months, zero side effects), BEFORE going back onto a PPG version of minoxidil (from Dr. Lee, of course.. most likely Xandrox).

Anyway, I say Folligen AFTER minoxidil... they both absorb well, chemically speaking.

:shock:

misterium

Reaction score
^ edit to above post: I want to get on a PPG FREE version of minoxidil.. cause the sh*t irritates the f*** outta me and that cannot be good for the scalp regardless of shampoo type.

PPG is a c***! :!: