folligen verse minoxidil 2%

G

I cant handle mixox side effects anymore (facial swelling) would folligen be a good alternative?

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably better than nothing, but I doubt it will rival minoxidil 2%. Maybe.....
I found that my body adjusted a bit somewhat to minoxidil and stopped retaining so much water after a while (couple of months). Also, mad aerobic exercise helps shift water and is generally good for you provided you don't go into arrest.

G

Yeah well ive been on minoxidil for 6 months now,I train alot and do cardio 4 times a week but i still get facial swelling.The only way to reduce it for me is if i eat a very low salt diet.But its very hard to know how much salt is in everything.Does anyone actally know the reason minoxidil gives water retention? Is it because it restricts the arteries or something?

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
G

zxAddict said:
I read about why it causes you to retain water...can't quite remember what it was. Something to do with sodium/potassium ions and modifying kidney behaviour - though its pretty harmless, won't damage your kidneys.
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/cgi/reprint/304/2/833.pdf
Thanks for that link.Yeah i thought it would be harmless but its still very ugly.It sort of defeats the purpose of using minoxidil for me.I wonder if there really is a way to get rid of it and keep using minoxidil.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, not a lot apart from things I've mentioned previously. Try taking some B6? - helps with water retention a bit.

G

b6 the vitamin yeah? Well its all useless to be honest man.Its kind of ironic at the side effects people get from propecia and minoxidil.Men want hair to be more attractive but minoxidil makes there face fat which makes them look unhealthy :thumbdown2: Men want to be more attractive to hopefully get laid more but propecia stops there dick working :thumbdown2: The hairloss gods really are cruel.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've observed that myself. As punishment for trying to keep my hair with finasteride I was made severly ill and as far as the topicals go, well fortuntately the worst side so far is water retention with minoxidil. We shall wait and see what other punishments are on the horizon...

G

You still use minoxidil dont you? Do you still get water retention?

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, I use it and I get water retention. Still, its not too bad if I stick to the 1ml x2 daily and get some exercise. If I overdo it then my face can get pretty puffy. Sucks hard. The Xandrox15 will get my face puffy fast if I use more than a ml or two.

G

as soon as i get my finpeca i am going to use 2% once daily and see how i go.

zxAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you taken finasteride before?

G

Yeah around 3 years ago,It gave me erection problems and lowered my sex drive.But now i will try a 0.25mg dose and never change it.If i get sides again ill just quit.