Folligen

G

Is there any point in useing Folligen if you are not useing Minx?

I am only one Proscar and was useing folligen to try and control shedding.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I read on your page that you were thinking about adding minoxidil. Based on your pics, I would say don't bother. As the conversation in the minoxidil must be a hassle thread is demonstrating, that stuff can be a pain depending on your living sitiuation. If you have a lot of privacy and spend your nights in a sober routine or have a girl friend who you don't mind knowing about the minoxidil, then you could use it pretty easily. Anything short of that makes you have to act with a certain degree of stealth that is just plain annoying. Plus you would be applying it throughout your head, which is more obvious.

Even if the situation was ideal for application, I don't think you're in bad enough shape to need it. I know it sucks because you want your hair back and the thinning is very obvious to you, but finasteride could very will help that. It works better for regrowth in areas where there is still hair.

BTW I use folligen though I'm not on minoxidil right now, but I use it because my scalp feels itchy sometimes anyways. I like it- it feels nice and lasts a long time. I haven't been shedding as much since I started it a couple weeks ago, but there's no way to know if it was responsible.

G

ya

Thank your for the replay, ya I hear you that’s why I am rolling it around in my head and not using it. I would like to regrow some of what is gone but not at the price of doing more damage.

Is it possible that the 2% minoxidil I was on for 2 months has damaged my follicles at the front where I think the thinning is at its worse?

Can Minx kill follicles?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Can minoxidil kill follicles? There's absolutely no clinical way it could. Any negative effect a minoxidil shed has on your situation eventually fixes itself.
That's what everyone on here will say. However there is a lot of anecdotal stuff about minoxidil making people worse off... so much so that it's hard to ignore. I have some theories on how people come to the conclusion that minoxidil worsened their situation:

1. Said person uses minoxidil, sheds, panics and quits. The shed hair takes awhile to regrow because hair takes awhile to regrow. During this time the male pattern baldness continues so they end up worse off then when they started.

2. Irritation issues: if the scalp is irritated by the ppg in the solution or the person isn't doing all they can to keep their scalp in tip top condition, the minoxidil will not work very well. During this time, male pattern baldness progresses because thats what it does.

3. Minoxidil doesn't work for like 30-40% of men. male pattern baldness progresses while using the minoxidil not because of it. You apply it to the area you need to regrow- slick or thin spots (this excludes diffuse thinners). The slick spots can't get worse or shed, but the thin spots, especially in the front just behind the temples, are where male pattern baldness naturally progresses to. Again, male pattern baldness progresses because that's what it does, but not because of the minoxidil, because you put the minoxidil in the spots that are next to go.

I think this could account for all the "minoxidil made my hair go to sh*t" posts. I think there are still more good noticible results posts with it though, especially when used with finasteride, and an even greater number of decent results posts.

G

here

Thank you again for the grate post. see my problem is my hair is worse where I was applying the 2% minoxidil in the font where my bangs are. I am hopping that because I was not using enough % of minoxidil as well as not using it enough times a day that this damage is reversible.
That’s what cassin and I talked about and why on his advice I am not adding anything to my regiment and am going to give it at least 6 to 7 months before I judge it.

My story for those who may not know.

Just after my 27th birthday I noticed “ or I thought I didâ€