Foo2's Story

foo2

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.

Just to introduce myself. I'm 25 and for last 2 years or so i've been noticing a general thinning all over the top of my head and some temple recession.

I'd really prefer to not loose anymore hair, so 4 weeks ago i started on 1mg Propecia a day.

I'll post some start pics just so you can see the baseline.

EDIT ok here are the baseline photos, taken about a day before i started Propecia.

My hosting is DOWN, sorry

by the way, what Norwood scale am I? i find it hard to decide on a number that describes me.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we diffuse thinners... we don't fit the scale...

Looks like you're a bit better off than I am though...

foo2

Reaction score
cheers for the reply mate.

when my hair is longer it's harder to see the thinning, unless my scalp catches the light :)
but i noticed a big acceleration in this thinning over the last year, so hopefully the Propecia will stabilise what i have.
Getting back the old density will be nice, but not essential to me at the moment, so initially i'm just going to stay on the propecia, although i might add some friendlier shampoos. I can't imagine adding topical stuff to my head everyday, ever - I'm far too lazy for that.

It remains to be seen what i look like in a few months time (i'll post update photos every few months)

foo2

Reaction score
3month update

ok i'm now 3 months into this. I've also added a Boots own brand version of 1% nizoral shampoo to the equation.

I've not noticed many things, except the scalp has stopped being so greasy, which is a good thing :)

HOSTING OF PICS CURRENTLY DOWN

here are some new pictures, don't get fooled by the fact my hair is longer now!!! i think the actual condition of the hair is quite similar...let me know what your opinions are.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
You feel that your hair is in the same condition? Wow. If that's the case you need a haircut man :)

MH

foo2

Reaction score
Molecular Help said:
You feel that your hair is in the same condition? Wow. If that's the case you need a haircut man :)

what do you mean? sorry i must be being a bit thick here.

foo2

Reaction score
you think there's less hair on the newer pics? i think the lighting is different, and thus it may have made the pictures look worse

or do you simply not like the longer hair? :)

foo2

Reaction score
I'm getting near 6 months of Propecia now, got to say i'm quite happy with the progress so far, not much to report, i've definately not lost any hair, my website died, so i'm currently looking for a new one so i can post some 6th month pics.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
happy with the progress? Does that mean maintenance or regrowth?

foo2

Reaction score
maintenence, if could just get the pictures up you'd see that i'm in this for maintence and not much else.

the crown of my head was SLIGHTLY thinner, and i can't see the slight thinning anymore, so you could say i've had regrowth, but i doubt it, my hair is loads longer now, and i think that's the reason.

so i think i'm maintaining well, but i'm only 6 months in, so it's still questionable if i'm seeing anything at all :)

foo2

Reaction score
it's been ages since i posted, but here's a quick update.

i've now been on Propecia for well over a year...the crown is SLIGHTLY thicker, and so is the middle bit of the head.

at the temples it's pretty much the same as it always was, maybe it's slightly thicker....

all in all i'm getting good maintence, slight thickening at the crown....and certainly no loss....which is great.

foo2

Reaction score
So my story is now about 9 years old! I've been taking Propecia all this time.

My head of hair is still a little diffuse, but I've basically maintained a decent enough head.

Now if I could just find my old HDD I could give a 9 year before and after shot!