Food question

a2215854

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would like to make my hair thicker so I would like to ask about food. I eat very little and would it be any better if I started drinking some protein shakes to grow thicker hair?

Thanks.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitly not. I have been taking shakes and eating/ working out all the time and am still prone to thinning (specifically in the hairline).

My recommendation is to post a pic or two and we will let you know what we think you should do or if anything needs to be done. If no pics available find a comparison picture.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember reading that protein shakes could be bad for your hair. I think that was among some discussion about creatine use.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the comments. Here is a picture. First Id like to get thicker hair then also lower the hair line.

Big three- finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo. If you want more results try some experimental stuff from the new treatments board. Still no guarantee for regrowth but you should maintain.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Regarding proteins.. Some people say WPC (whey protein concentrate) can be good for thicker hair while WPI(isolate) is no good.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...actor-for-accelerated-hair-loss-89984437.html

I've been taking WPC for 2 weeks now- haven't noticed any shed..actually my hair feels great! I would say WPC+biotin could thicken your existing hair. But dont expect to regrow your hairline.

O yeah.. Guys- stay away from creatine.. it can raise DHT up to 50%.

a2215854

Reaction score
Big three- finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo. If you want more results try some experimental stuff from the new treatments board. Still no guarantee for regrowth but you should maintain.

Ok, can you please tell me what are finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo? Also which experimental stuff you have in mind?

IDeveloper

Reaction score
It's a bad idea to seek medical advice from here. Go ahead and see your dermatologist regarding your hair loss.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Ok so I found some OLIMP 100% natural whey PROTEIN concentrate, is that good?

I think so..Its way better than american proteins. I have the same WPC. No suggar or sweeteners added, so the taste is little off but you get used to.

rapidpan

Reaction score
Eating healthy foods can help you maintain healthy hair as well. Try to eat those rich in protein and vitamin D. According to others omega-3 fatty acids can help also. Have some salmon and wallnuts 2-3x a week and see if it is effective.