Foods that help/hurt hair loss?

MysticMan

Reaction score
Are there foods that I should be eating for healthy hair? And are there any foods that I should stay away from?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Limit oily foods (may reduce oil-gland activity) and limit sugar (insulin spikes may cause T (and thus DHT) spikes). Lots of veggies raise SHBG as well. So basically, just eat healthy. All the rest is mainly unfunded hearsay.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, there is no rigorous research on this issue and so we're all speculating.

This forum as a whole is very cynical on claims regarding green tea, soy, seaweed, et cetera. Personally I consider it very likely that certain diets might accelerate or inhibit hair loss, but there is simply no good research on the issue that I'm aware of.

hairwegoes

Reaction score
who knows but ancient tribes people still around today they dont go bald as far as i know.

what they eat? natural foods they can catch, so if u cant catch it or grab it dont buy it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
who knows but ancient tribes people still around today they dont go bald as far as i know.

what they eat? natural foods they can catch, so if u cant catch it or grab it dont buy it.

They don't?

If not it's ppausibly because their life expectancy is ~40.

hairwegoes

Reaction score
well look at baling western males seems mid/early 20s when it happens.

I wacthed documentary recently and they found this tribe that had never been seen before or had seen western world.

All the men even older ones 50+ imo were muscled and slim and had long thick hair. Exercise, sunlight, natural food= no hair loss imo then.

A lot of people comment on lack of hair loss in homeless people also. They often dont each much food, defo not overeating on procceseed junk, they are outside a lot also.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mediterranean diet or Japanese diet prob best for hair!

pgain

Reaction score
Reading random topics on internet, nuts and other fruits like them are good for keeping DH(T) in place..

j121walker

Reaction score
There are plenty of eatable options available in the market that really improves the hair healthy. Foods that highly packed with protein like soy, tofu, cheese, nuts, beans and dairy products are healthy for hair health.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
there is no diet that "helps hair" but a healthy diet can modulate metabolism and homeostasis, which in turn regulates body processes that are indirectly and/or directly associated with maintaining hair biology. eat lots of fiber and greens; moderate your sugar/carbs/cholesterol (dht is biosyntesized from cholesterol).

AlexieJ

Reaction score
I believe those foods that are rich in protein are good for the hair. Not sure with that Mediterranean and japanese diet but I am intrigue so I will do my research.

beckyjane

My Regimen
Reaction score
those foods are good for health.Fresh vegetable like carrot or cucumber Handful of nuts like walnuts, soaked almonds, raisins, dates
Healthy hair food plan.
Fresh veg. soup or salad
-Whole-wheat flour or jowar or bajra chapatti
-Green veggies
-Dals or whole pulses
-Brown rice
-Curd / Tofu

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Asians usually have hair that grows faster, and sheds less than people who are white.

So, we can't jump to the conclusion that it's diet related, because it's probably genetics.

In fact, Asian hair usually only sheds once in seven years, for white people it's generally
between two and six years before shedding.

That's just a general statement of course. There are exceptions to the rule.

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also like to get any recommendations and info about different vitamins that help beat hair loss

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Eating a good diet is the most effective way to have healthy hair and prevent shedding. Here's what you can do:

1. Eat more vegetables. They are rich in Vitamins A and C which can promote good circulation to the scalp.

2. Eat more protein-rich foods like nuts and beans. Protein helps with cell growth and provides hair strands with vital nutrients they need to grow strong roots.

3. Drink plenty of water every day. This will keep your body and your scalp hydrated.

We are what we eat so it's important to take care of our diet. Many of our hair problems would go away by following a good diet. Thanks. Let me know if this helps!

michaeldavid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Eating a good diet is the most effective way to have healthy hair and prevent shedding. Here's what you can do:

1. Eat more vegetables. They are rich in Vitamins A and C which can promote good circulation to the scalp.

2. Eat more protein-rich foods like nuts and beans. Protein helps with cell growth and provides hair strands with vital nutrients they need to grow strong roots.

3. Drink plenty of water every day. This will keep your body and your scalp hydrated.

We are what we eat so it's important to take care of our diet. Many of our hair problems would go away by following a good diet. Thanks. Let me know if this helps! Houses for rent in Beirut
Foods to Include for Healthy Hair:

1. Protein-Rich Foods: Hair is primarily made of protein, so including sources of high-quality protein in your diet is essential. Lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, and plant-based sources like beans, lentils, and tofu are good options.
  2. Fatty Fish: Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which promote hair health and a healthy scalp.
  3. Nuts and Seeds: These are excellent sources of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, and chia seeds provide nutrients like biotin and zinc, which are important for hair growth.
  4. Dark Leafy Greens: Vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in vitamins A and C, which help produce sebum (a natural hair conditioner) and support hair follicles.
  5. Sweet Potatoes: These are a great source of beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A—a nutrient important for overall hair health.
  6. Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and other berries are rich in antioxidants, which protect hair follicles from damage.
  7. Avocado: Avocado provides healthy fats, vitamin E, and vitamin C, all of which contribute to strong, shiny hair.
  8. Beans and Legumes: Lentils, chickpeas, and kidney beans are good sources of protein, iron, and biotin, which support hair growth.
  9. Greek Yogurt: It's high in protein and also contains vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), which may help prevent hair thinning and loss.
Foods to Limit or Avoid:

1. Sugary Foods: Excess sugar can lead to inflammation and may contribute to hair loss. Reducing your intake of sugary snacks and drinks is beneficial.
  2. Processed Foods: Highly processed foods often lack essential nutrients and can negatively impact overall health, including hair health.
  3. Fried and Fast Foods: High levels of unhealthy fats and additives in fried and fast foods can lead to poor hair health.
  4. Alcohol: Excessive alcohol consumption can dehydrate the body and inhibit nutrient absorption, which may affect hair quality.
  5. Caffeine: While moderate caffeine consumption is fine, excessive caffeine can lead to dehydration, which may affect hair health.
  6. Low-Protein Diets: Inadequate protein intake can lead to hair thinning and loss, so ensure you get enough protein in your diet.
Remember that hair health is influenced by various factors, including genetics, overall health, and lifestyle. A balanced diet rich in essential nutrients, combined with proper hair care and a healthy lifestyle, can contribute to stronger, shinier, and healthier hair. If you have specific concerns about your hair or diet, consider consulting with a healthcare or nutrition professional for personalized guidance.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tofu and avocado is the only food there that will have a positive effect on hair as they’re estrogenic. Sugar, fried food, etc will wreck havoc with the itchy scalp.