for the shampoo guys

michael barry

Reaction score
1: Contact Dermatitis. 2000 Feb;42(2):85-9. Related Articles, Links

Effect of an antioxidant (quercetin) on sodium-lauryl-sulfate-induced skin irritation.

Katsarou A, Davoy E, Xenos K, Armenaka M, Theoharides TC.

Department of Dermatology, University of Athens, A. Sygros Hospital, Greece.

Quercetin is a bioflavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of quercetin on acute skin irritation, with special interest in the skin barrier function recovery. Acute irritant contact dermatitis was induced in 15 patients by 24-h occlusion of 2% sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) (day (D) 1). The influence of application on SLS-irritated skin of topical quercetin for 5 consecutive Ds, compared to vehicle and controls, was studied. Parameters measured were transepidermal water loss (TEWL) and erythema index. Final measurements were taken on D 7 after a 1-D rest period. TEWL and the erythema index continued to rise 2 D after application of SLS and 1 D after treatment with quercetin, vehicle or controls. Both TEWL and erythema values at D 7 did not return to values before the SLS barrier disruption at all the test sites. Therefore, quercetin topically applied after induction of irritant contact dermatitis does not appear to increase the recovery of barrier function and erythema caused by SLS.

Publication Types:
Comparative Study

PMID: 10703630 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

not that I agree with you (I dont), but I thought you might find that interesting.

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
Michael...they were banned from this site...you may have missed that announcement.

Cuntsinger is God, the fatt pasty Norwood 7 guy, is likely back, under the new name of Framer. I busted him.

michael barry

Reaction score
Really?

When did they get banned?

What did they do that was "the last straw"?

I didn't agree with them (of course), but they sure seemed devoted to their idea.

Im pretty sure they will attempt to get on another site, like Hairlosshell.com or nairsite.com or regrwoth.con or keratin.cop, etc. They seemed rather determined still.

Actually, its probably good for this site's health that they were banned. WHen men go looking for serious info about stopping their baldness, and encounter ideas like that, they probably get turned off pretty harshly and think the chatrooms are full of weird ideas and theories, and just go to the Doctor and see what he says (Propecia. and minoxidil) and dont find out that there are other things that can well compliment those two standbys.

G

Michael,

they were trolls from another site discussing it on a message board about how they wanted to come on here and have fun with us. they made the entire thing up.

G

SkylineGTR said:
yeah i have been keeping an eye on their little forum ever since diamond dave posted a link to their underground forum in their threads.
http://millerarts.com/discuss/viewtopic ... e19904c4b7

if you look at the bottom some dirty hairy guy busted them all out. Lol they kept calling me some Kramer guy.

yep, funny at them calling you kramer when fat boy cutsinger admited to being kramer. fat f*****g pricks.

"Kramer was on HairLossTalk.com as Cutsinger is God and I was Diamond Dave."

I don't believe that though. Cuntsinger was always far ruder on here than Diamond Dave was, and Dirty Harry is by far the most toxic and offensive poster on that site. I think that Dirty Hairy was actually Cuntsinger and not Dave.