For you L-arginine experts

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
Whats up fellows..perhaps you guys can answer this on L-arginine. I've read that L-Arginine will cause Herpes breakouts. Now does this include HSV-1 and HSV-2? Most report cold sores using this...but what about genital herpes? I know that a virus can hide in the body even though you may not have contracted it from anyone and this can feed on the amino acid. I'm currently using 500mg/night and i doubt it will cause any herpes breakouts at this low dose but you never know. And i've heard that people cycle on and off so the body remains in balance naturally...what doses should u start cycling off at? Also the brain herpes thing, thats freakin scary.....is that a cause of high dosed L-arginine? Thanks for the help!

tigritos

Reaction score
NeedSomeHelp said:
Whats up fellows..perhaps you guys can answer this on L-arginine. I've read that L-Arginine will cause Herpes breakouts. Now does this include HSV-1 and HSV-2? Most report cold sores using this...but what about genital herpes? I know that a virus can hide in the body even though you may not have contracted it from anyone and this can feed on the amino acid. I'm currently using 500mg/night and i doubt it will cause any herpes breakouts at this low dose but you never know. And i've heard that people cycle on and off so the body remains in balance naturally...what doses should u start cycling off at? Also the brain herpes thing, thats freakin scary.....is that a cause of high dosed L-arginine? Thanks for the help!

Use L-Ornithine instead of L-Arginine.

With Ornithine there is no herpes side efect. :D

"Herpes Simplex:
L-arginine supplements should be avoided by those that have a tendency to suffer from herpes simplex (cold sores), as this amino acid can exacerbate the condition. (Consumption of L-arginine rich foods such as chocolate, milk, meat, cheese, nuts, popcorn and peas should be reduced as well).

L-ornithine does not have the same stimulating effect on herpes simplex."

Quote is from this site:
http://www.questhealthlibrary.com/amino ... -ornithine

I cycle 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Some do 4 weeks on 1 week off.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am out of the loop but what exactly is the brain herpes. I have been using Arginine for about 2 weeks or so anywhere from 1 to 2 grams from pill plus about 800Mg from whey powder. This stuff definitley increased my sex drive. So my question is Brain herpes what is that exactly.

G

Perhaps I am out of the loop but what exactly is the brain herpes. I have been using Arginine for about 2 weeks or so anywhere from 1 to 2 grams from pill plus about 800Mg from whey powder. This stuff definitley increased my sex drive. So my question is Brain herpes what is that exactly.

occular (sp?) or brain herpes is not caused by L-Arginine but if latent can be triggered.

so you gotta have it in the first place.

Ty

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
21gone said:
Perhaps I am out of the loop but what exactly is the brain herpes.

Brain Herpes are also known as hair dots :hairy:

G

hair dots (latin:kennethdottius) can be triggered by L-Arginnie or spending money on products with no medical bias.[/i]

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
anybody been on L-arginine for a long time? I know some take it here to battle side effects from finasteride (erection problems)....anyone used it successfully that it still works in the long run?

NewBie_18

Reaction score
I have the cold sore type (which is common) and i used l-arginine 3 g a day just as a supplement to lifting and got no sores i bet its rare

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Arginine is great. I use it and it is a very great vasodilator. It can lower blood pressure and cholesterol by increasing NO2 production. It ialso improves circulation quite well, I considered making a transdermal as it would be absorbed better. You can get 454g of it for like $22 online so it is a pretty cheap supplement. Tastes like *** though.

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
l-lysine is supposed to kill the chance of the herpes outbreaks

so keep up with the arginine and every once in a while pop some l-lysine