Forum Restructuring underway...

A

Administrator

We have decided that we don't like the "constricted" look of the forums. When i say "we" I mean "me". Sometimes I speak about myself in Majestic, plural form and third person. It makes me feel special.

This is largely because of the 2 or three insanely loud members who made me feel like a heap of cow dung after we released the new forum design in April, which took it from a full screen view to a squished down narrow view.

While we will not be going full screen again, what I can do is expand the forums to full 1024 width (the width of the borders you see on this page, left to right).

As a result, we are going to incorporate the left sidebar elements into the forums themselves, by using a horizontal bar method. I know some people will be miserable and complain about this as well, but if the content in them remains helpful and interesting, I think they'll be likeable.

We can always change it back, and can even retain this design for those who want to keep it. This forum gives the ability to select the interface you want to view the site with.

Let me know any thoughts you have - as long as they're constructive. And yes I would absolutely not prefer to put horizontal bars into the forums, but I think it also stinks quite a bit, having the forums so squished down.

Anyways, thoughts?

-Admin-

Attachments

• forums.jpg
    forums.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 170

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"This is largely because of the 2 or three insanely loud members who made me feel like a heap of cow dung after we released the new forum design in April, which took it from a full screen view to a squished down narrow view."

Ah fook them whoever they are! Its your forum, design it whatever way you want! Personally, I like it the way it is. But if changed, thats fine too, just takes a short time to adjust to the changes thats all.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Will the new horizontal bars be on every page? I.e. If I start a new thread will they be in between people's posts?

Some forums do it with advertising, they place horizontal advertising after the first post on a thread.

cuebald

Reaction score
well those vocal few should have realised that you can just change back to the old style in preferences anyway, I put it back to the old style so I can view on my EeePC with 1024 x 600 resolution.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
We are not amused.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
I am one of those "insanely loud members". As long as I can change the style options in preferences I am ok.

Then I would like to remind all these teen-window$-super-graphic-card zealots that I started using the internet when 600 pixel was massive...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
We want naked chicks also all over with p**rn banners! :punk: