Four Months on 2%spironolactone

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
You say spironolactone is doing nothing for you, but surely, the hair that you suggest is growing in your right temple is spironolactone induced growth. I can't see anything else in your regimen that is a growth stimulator, so it definately has to be the spironolactone. Like most hair loss treatments, you could expect a shed, which often initially makes the hair or balding look worse than before starting a regimen.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, but I too noticed improvement in my hair at about the 3 or 4 month mark on spironolactone and the lasercomb combined. My crown thickened and got some vellus hairs below the hairline. A couple thickened up. My crown even looked to be filling in. But things have since gone to sh*t. Those vellus hairs are long gone, my hairline has moved backwards, and my crown has thinned. Pisser. :(

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Chujgcha said:
It seems the spironolactone craze hit a brick wall. Its damn shame...Well anyhow, I wanted to give you all an update on my results. I have been using 1% Nizoral for 5 months, 2% spironolactone 4 months, and Tin Peptides 4 months. So far, I have shed more hair than I have regrown. Before starting my regimen, I had an oilly and itchy scalp and my hairloss had just kicked into overdrive with diffuse thinning behind my receding hairline. I shed hair when I started Nizoral and shed more hair after starting spironolactone and Folligen. I believe I have experienced three waves of shedding since starting my regimen. I must say Nizoral did a good job getting rid of the itch and the oilly scalp.
Currently, my frontal and vertex areas have really thinned out. When my hair is wet, I can almost see into the future like a gipsy looking into a crystal ball. Thank God for the exponential increase in volume with dry hair!!! Suprisingly, my right temple has filled in - first with vellous hairs and now terminal hairs are growing in. Along my hairline I can see sparse terminal hairs growing out. Nothing really impressive, about 10 hairs. I would like to add another topical to fight off DHT one way or another. I don't feel like the spironolactone is doing enough. My goal is to get the hair I have shed to grow back and grow back thicker. If you guys have any suggestions on how to improve my regimen, I would appreciate it. Thanks fellas.

What about trying Proscar?