Four weeks post-op

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Day 28 post-op. All seems to be well. I am getting what I believe to be some in-grown hairs around the donor strip, particularly in the very back. I am using some antibiotic ointment to help treat those. I am also using a Wahlgreens brand scar gel on the donor strip. Hopefully it will help alleviate long-term scarring there.

I trimmed my hair with a number two guard tonight and was surprised with the result. If not for the still-present redness of the donor strip, I believe the scar would be very hard to detect. The hair is actually more even appearing around the area after the trim. Before the area that had been shaved for the hair transplant was apparent, as was shock loss above the left ear. My hair was only about 3/4 of an inch long but was covering the scar pretty well already. I am hoping this is a sign that my scar will not be that easily seen in the future when the healing is more long-term and the redness has dissipated more.

I still have some grafted hairs that haven't shed. Most did either during the scab shedding or in week two right after the scabs shed. Some have hung in there, though they are very fine.

I am interested to see how my grafts come in. My forelocks were still ok, not FULL, but ok, so the main effort was put into recreating a hairline. That area received the most dense packing of grafts, with the forelocks receiving some thickening and the crown, which was really getting almost shiny getting grafts but not as thick. I have already prepared myself mentally for a second procedure to provide density in the front and more so in the crown.