Freaking Out! Help Please, Am I Balding?

Am I balding?

• Total voters

Worriedteen16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello there, I am 16 and I recently I been really worrying about my hair. I'll start with my family, almost everyone here is balding, and everyone who I am blood related to has balded or is going through that. My dad, brothers, both of my grandpas. I would also like to mention that I have had massive forehead since I was little.
IMG_20170510_141557.jpg
IMG_20170510_141400.jpg
IMG_20170510_141557.jpg
IMG_20170510_141400.jpg

I have a lot of questions and confusions about my hairline. Is it receding or it's just that forehead? After shower when it is totally wet it has kinda M shape, but if I comb it back it looses the m shape and looks more straight. So which shape is the real one? Take a look at the last attached pic, if you look at the sides you can see that there is a little receding, but is it actually receding? A month ago and maybe a week my barber has shaved these sides for whatever reason and started my worries.

Additional info: I hardly ever notice hair falling out, I rarely find anything on my pillow, during styling my hair I find up to 10 hair in sink, usually less, like 5.

Thanks in advance, please forgive any possible grammar mistakes or important stuff not mentioned, if you want to know something just ask. And I know it may all seem calm etc. But it is not, one evening I freaked out so much I didn't study for important test, just kept thinking about hair. Please help me.

Attachments

• IMG_20170510_141224.jpg
    IMG_20170510_141224.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_20170510_141443.jpg
    IMG_20170510_141443.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20170510_141302.jpg
    IMG_20170510_141302.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 277

Señor AIDidaS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something weird going on with your hairline. There are lots of little wispy hairs near your temples, and a few are starting to appear at the forelock as well. A few of these are present in non balding individuals, but you definitely have more than a few.

That in addition to your family history would heavily suggest that you are starting to lose your hair.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
wispy hair on hairline... bad news m8

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have realized this very early. You could easily start taking Finasteride now and never have to worry about it again.
That's what I'd do at least.

Worriedteen16

My Regimen
Reaction score
At first I would like to apologise for being unactive, but I was kinda busy with my life. I have to admit your opinions made me sad :( but I have few questions, what would be the effects of taking finasteride? Are there any side effects? Does it stop or only delay hair loss? If it delays then for how long? Thanks in advance.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a good reason doctors won't prescribe finasteride to teenagers. Don't mess with your hormones until you are grown. If you go bald it's not permanent. You will have hair multiplication to look forward to in a few years.

Worriedteen16

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for new replies and sorry for absence. What about the coffeine shampoo Alpecin(pic)? My brother says it stopped his crazy hairloss, he used to loose a lot of hair until he tried it. Can I use it with a conditioner?

Attachments

• alpecin.png
    alpecin.png
    847.6 KB · Views: 281

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for new replies and sorry for absence. What about the coffeine shampoo Alpecin(pic)? My brother says it stopped his crazy hairloss, he used to loose a lot of hair until he tried it. Can I use it with a conditioner?

Doesn't help at all. Use Minoxidil until you are grown up and fully out of puberty and then get on finasteride asap.