Freaking out

tonythestudent

Reaction score
Hey i am 19 years old and the problem is that i im noticing my crown more and more often and i think im in the beginning stages of going bald. The fact of the matter is, is that i have a full head of hair which is very bushy when dried with no style and quite thick.

I also have a double crown which i know doesnt help, but im sure it wasnt like this a couple of years ago. There is not trouble anywhere else, my hairline is fine but it all seems to be happening around my double crown. I am getting paranoid and i keep checking it in the mirror.

Please give me some advice as i am starting to freak out. I have decided to grow my hair a decent length and leave it for about a year and if it gets anyworse then i am gunna have a buzz.

Thx --- Anthony

oni

Reaction score
Try asking someone you trust to look at it, someone you have known for years and someone who is taller than you that see's your crown alot more than you.

Then try going to see your Doctor and see what he/she says. I don't suggest leaving it if you are going bald you are better off trying to keep the hair you have than try to grow it back.

If you are going bald try getting on the finasteride.

AKA

Established Member
Reaction score
That's right, if you're sure you're losing, give finasteride a try. I wasn't too concerned when my crown was thinning slightly for a couple of years. Now it's so thin that my scalp shines in the light and I'm freaking out and obsessed with trying to grow it back...

If I'd got on finasteride straight away I could have saved myself alot of stress (and hair).