free consultation

tsunami808

Reaction score
Im going in to a salon which specializes in hair systems. What kind of questions should I ask? Obviously Im wondering how much this will cost. Any ideas? Seems like they are up on the latest and greatest stuff. And how much would they charge for maintenance and how often would I have to go in. Thanks

CCS

Reaction score
free consultation
That means there is a salesman who makes a big commission off the price you pay.

tsunami808 said:
Im going in to a salon which specializes in hair systems. What kind of questions should I ask?
Ask them if you may look at a few types of piece up close in your hands. And ask them if you may see samples of the lace and different colors and hold them up to the very top of your forehead and look in the mirror for color match. Ask them if you may watch them glue a piece on someone. But ask that last, so they don't say no to the others too.
Make sure you hold it up and look through it. You should clearly see the room on the other side. If you are not amazed by how light and clear it is, it is way way way too thick. When I put mine on my head, it was as my densest hair. But in my hand, it looked so thin I almost returned it without trying it.

Obviously Im wondering how much this will cost. Any ideas?
More than online. They will put it on your head for you, but I highly doubt they will let you watch in the mirror, or teach you how. Or if you do get to see in the mirror, you won't know how they lined it up so well.

Seems like they are up on the latest and greatest stuff.
You mean they have really fancy names for glue and lace. All part of the sales pitch.

And how much would they charge for maintenance and how often would I have to go in. Thanks
You'd save money and look better if you get a new piece and toss the old one. Most guys go once a month. Do you want it on your head that long? I prefer to change mine myself daily, though some guys try to get the longest bond possible.

tsunami808

Reaction score
Thanks CCS. I guess you pretty much covered everything. I am familiar with systems as I use to have one and did the majority of the cleaning and installing it myself. The only problem was my system was way too thick and obvious to some people. Not all, but some. I had a system with plastic edges and it was netted in the middle. I dont know what it was called. But the hair line was really unnatural looking. I definitely do not want another one like that.
My exgirlfriend was a hairstylist and she knew I was wearing from the first time she met me. She kept staring at it. Kind of embarrassing but she told me it did look good though, just too thick and the hairline too unnatural. She "convinced" me to take it off and shave my head. Which I did for 6 months.