Friedrice's Story (Age 26, starting lossing hair around 21)

friedrice

Reaction score
Guess I'll start off about the time i started to lose my hair. About 20-21 yrs old i started to notice my thinning in the front. I didn't think of much, but I did start to wear my hats a lot more when going out. Around 22-23 thats when I started to get comments from people and from my aunt who's cut my hair since I was 7. That's when I really started to wear my hat 24/7 wherever I went and to this day I even wear one at home. Just like most guys my self esteem just went down and I lost all confidence. I started to troll around the forums and read about peoples stories and finally built up the courage to post my story. I'm at the point where just last month I took some clippers and used #1 and here I realized how bad it is. My friends are staring and I guess the most embarrassing thing that happen to me over the weekend was i went to the bar to have happy hour with friends during work so I didn't have my hat on and for the first time the lady didn't bother to ask for my ID and everyone else's. With a hat on i look like I'm 16, but that was what made me finally realized i had to do something quick. What I ask for really is any advice on what to do at this point. I been reading a lot of about people using the "Big 3" and its been working for a lot of people. What I'm really afraid of is that i dont have any medical insurance so i havent seen my doctor to ask for any advice as far as taking these items. If anyone please could help me in any way i would really appreciate it. I will post pics up once i find my charger for my camera. Thanks for listening.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Welcome FriedRice :)

Yeah I can totally sympathsize with the whole baseball cap wearing thing. I still wear ALOT of hats. And its litterally the differerence between looking like a teenager and 30+. When i wear my hat I feel youthful and girls look at me. Especially younger ones. But the moment I walk around without my hat (my hair is short atm) I notice a instant difference, i get very few random looks from chicks. Anyway dude, you need to get on the meds right away, time is wasting! Dont ponder on this and dont worry about side effects. Alot of people on here exagerrate alot. My advice is buy Proscar from an online source (you dont to worry about doctors of prescriptions) it saves alot of embaressment too. You can purchase Rogaine Foam from Ebay.

Anyway dude good luck. I look forward to reading some future posts. Adios.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
there are generic finasteride you can take, money should be your least concern

friedrice

Reaction score
thx guys for listening and helping... i guess i'll start with proscar and rogain foam.. is there something else i should use to and whats the best deals for these items. I went to my local drugstore and found a 3 months supply of the foam for $50 which isnt so bad but im not exactly sure where to get the other items. Thank you again and i hope to post pics of before and after soon :punk:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man, yeah the treatments can really help you. Anyway 50$ for a 3 months supply sounds like a good deal, just take it, thats cheaper than what i get it for. You can get propecia or proscar (same thing) online at inhousepharmacies i think it is. I get mine from a prescription so im not too sure but tons of people on this forum get theirs online, and its much cheaper.

If theres any other product you want to use while on these treatments its nizoral AD. It helps keep your scalp clean and supposedly strips dht from the hair and has the ability to regorw some hair as well (that might not be true but at the very least its a solid shampoo and helps keep your scalp in order). Lotta people here use it. Good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I am not sure if Nizoral can regrow hair, but it helps improve scalp condition and reduce a little bit DHT.