From this supps list which ones are more effective?

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't buy them all, some of them are too expensive so which ones are more important? (I already take green tea supps and brewer's yeast)

L-arginine
Grape seed extract
Borage oil
Soy
Stinging nettle root extract
fish oil
selenium
msm
papaya enzyme (does it really help with hairloss or acne?)
chromium
green tea extract
brewer's yeast

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Because they could help with hair loss and for healthy reasons I would take this:

Green tea extract - Green tea extract has antioxidants (catechins) that may hold back hair loss.

Gamma linolenic acid - Omega 6. Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) -- a good fat -- also helps hold back the "Great Recession." Borage oil is one of the best sources.

Fish oil – High grade Omega 3 EPA fish oil is an essential fatty acid that has been shown to improve the quality of the skin, hair and nails. The body needs these essential fatty acids for optimal grow and rejuvenation.

MSM
Methyl-sulfonyl-methane (MSM): a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in the body, as well as in various foods. MSM is supposed to maintain structural proteins, form keratin proteins which make up the hair fiber and help the immune system. MSM has also been stated to help with pain, inflammation, increase blood flow, soften scar tissue and reduce muscle spasms. Taking MSM can increase hair growth improvement and hair brilliance.

CCS

Reaction score
HairyBerry said:
I can't buy them all, some of them are too expensive so which ones are more important? (I already take green tea supps and brewer's yeast)

L-arginine
Grape seed extract
Borage oil
Soy
Stinging nettle root extract
fish oil
selenium
msm
papaya enzyme (does it really help with hairloss or acne?)
chromium
green tea extract
brewer's yeast

It is hard to say what is best, but I put borage oil (soon borage fatty acids), fish oil, GTE, GSE, and apple poly on my head, and eat the soy, L-arginine, borage oil, and a few other stuff.

If I can get some cheap 2% nizoral or fungoral, I might mix it with some selenium head and shoulders, preferably generic, to make 1%, and rotate that in with my 1% nizoral. Anyone know where to get 2% as cheap as 1%? I know it is hard to get 1% any cheaper, but I think it is possible to get the 2% cheaper. I doubt the selenium will do anything, but if it costs nothing and is not hassel and has no risks, then why not.

CCS

Reaction score
and I hope you know your question has been discussed in this forum a thread or two above or below this one. Why don't you read it?

HairyBerry

Established Member
Reaction score
Tks for your replies, I'll probably pick the supps you listed Strat54, and I'm gonna read that other thread too, sorry wasn't aware of it.