Fthislife's Story

fthislife

Reaction score
I started thinning at the temples when I was about 15 years old, now I'm 19.

Here are the pics...

DlJGa.jpg

c6O0f.jpg

pPhcf.jpg

I really hoped it would stop with the front of my head but now it seems to be happening at the crown too. School, this and family problems are stressing me out... I'm losing at least 20 hairs from all over my head in a day. I was on anti depressants but stopped because it gave me cottonmouth...

Men on my grandmother's side on my mother's side as far as I know, all were bald.
Grandfather on my mother's side - full head of hair, hairline has receded a bit but he is 80.
My father 45 hairline has receded but nothing gone from the top.
Uncle mother's side is bald.
Grandfather on father's side is bald and dead.
My father's half brother is bald.
My grandmother's brother on my father's side died with a full head of hair.

another pic of the crown taken with my phone instead of the webcam
lYadT.jpg

this one doesn't seem that bad but I don't think its normal either.

Tom1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 19 years old, going bald - How bald exactly?

Man, your hair loss is pretty advanced for some one your age.

I'd say you're nearly a Norwood 3 already(google the Norwood scale if you don't know what that is), plus given the history of male pattern baldness in your family it looks like it's gonna get worse.

You can either hope that your hair loss slows down and just accept the fact that you're going bald or you can look into taking drugs such as finasteride and/or minoxidil.

A member of this site (finfighter) has helpfully put together a list of available treatments http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63313

Good luck bro

fthislife

Reaction score

By this scale http://hairloss.cyberatlantis.com/image ... _scale.gif

it seems to me at least that I'm NW2 still... NW3 seems to go to the back of the head more sharply. Does it look like I am losing hair at my crown though? I'm going to see my GP on Monday, I will ask if they can send me to see a dermatologist and maybe they can map my head for miniaturization and maybe prescribe me something.

So once again, does my crown look normal or hair loss? I combed my hair away for the picture. Looks balding to me :(

Nene

Reaction score

I agree that you're not a Norwood 3 yet but it's getting dangerously close. Your crown also looks like it's thinning. I'd say you'll be full blown Norwood 3v by 21. I usually don't advise finasteride at only 19, but it might be your only hope.

fthislife

Reaction score

Nene said:
I agree that you're not a Norwood 3 yet but it's getting dangerously close. Your crown also looks like it's thinning. I'd say you'll be full blown Norwood 3v by 21. I usually don't advise finasteride at only 19, but it might be your only hope.

it seems that in my country finasteride is only perscribed to old men with enlarged prostates :(

Nene

Reaction score

fthislife said:
Nene said:

it seems that in my country finasteride is only perscribed to old men with enlarged prostates :(

Generic finasteride is sold in 5mg pills for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, but it's sold in a 1mg pill under the name Propecia for hair loss.

fthislife

Reaction score

Nene said:
fthislife said:
Nene said:

Generic finasteride is sold in 5mg pills for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, but it's sold in a 1mg pill under the name Propecia for hair loss.

just checked the pharmacy... 44 EUR for 28 pills, sort of expensive.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

if you have a prescription you can order then cheap from a canadian pharmacy

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score

Grandfather on father's side is bald and dead.
This is a quote that I liked most of all.

You need to start to accept a new paradigm: You and "changed" hair. If you think about the hair like it was in your childhood, you will suffer. Treat it, but know that men can't have such a good hair as children or women.

fthislife

Reaction score
I went to see a dermatologist. They outright REFUSED to prescribe me finasteride, instead they tried to sell me some caffeine shampoo and some healthy hair and nail vitamins. They were unaware of any hair regrowing properties of Nizoral and after a little pestering they told me that minoxidil doesn't require a prescription and that if I do get it I should get 2% minoxidil. WTF will 2% do for me? I want 5% or 10%

It was disappointing to say the least. What now?

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Id say RU58841 for 6 - 9 months and then toss in minoxidil at 5% if your not satisfied. It is stronger than finasteride and i dont like to recomend stuff that fucks up your hormones like finasteride do.

Alternate you can try a fluridil only regimen. Monthy on this forum is having good results from it when he do it solo and nothing else based on what he write