fue into scar

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello guys. May I ask how many grafts approximately would an ordinary scar (ear to ear, around 2-3 mm behind and 1mm in sides) need in order to be invisible under a #2-#3 haircut? Is it ok to take the grafts from the chest?

Thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends on the scar and hair calibre. But I guess if you're shaving it that short then using hair from anywhere is ok.
But also at that short length you'll need to really dense pack it.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
could someone give me a ruff estimate please, of the grafts into scar i could transplant in order to have an invisible scar when cut ~1cm? Here is a pic of my scar

Attachments

• DSC03407.JPG
    DSC03407.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 240

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was thinking to do a 350-400 graft session and use another 250-300 grafts on my hairline to strengthen it a little bit more. However, since I never cut my hair on the back less than half an inch, I think 500+ is too much.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I've seen others get the scar filled with 400 grafts, so I presume that would be reasonable...Although I;ve always wondered what the success rate is like, as you are getting grafts put into scar tissue, a tougher environment for grafts to grow in...

s.a.f

Reaction score
scar tissue being thicker and denser than normal tissue means that there could be an issue with blood supply reaching the follicle but not by a huge %. BTW I think the OP would'nt need many grafts at all.