Fue Surgery Booked! 32 Male, Thinning Hairline

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant (FUE) scheduled for March in LA, but might change to another surgeon depending on the next few consults.

Current situation: 32 Male. Thinning hairline in front, especially corners....though the three doctors I’ve visited said the hairline is in a good place and recommended NOT to get it lowered. No thinning, balding, miniaturization anywhere else on head. Two doctors recommended FUE to “strengthen” the front, and add more fullness, especially to the corners. One recommended 1000 graft, the other 1500. The third recommended I don’t do anything at all and said I’m a Norwood 2 at most.

What do you guys think?

https://imgur.com/a/FXMKuoW

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
myabe think about hair transplant further down the line? Dont want to use all your grafts and lose your hair behind it.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Are you even using any hair meds? I would not consider a hair transplant without being first on meds for a few months you may be able the thicken your native hair quite a bit

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try out finasteride and minoxidil first, you might be able to grow back the thinned areas, and it would cost you a fraction of what a transplant would. But having said that 1500 grafts would look nice, you'd have an immaculate hair line

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplants are always the last resort. You don't need one (yet) as far as I can tell.

As stated above, get on Finasteride and you could get get your hair back within a year anyway. If you're still unhappy, then do what you got to do.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline is perfect position, any lower and your looking at a Kyle Christie effect.

Your hair is perfectly fine, get on meds (finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral and biotin) and use the oils once twice a week - enjoy man.

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in response, everyone!

I tried min for about a month and caused intense flaking (already deal with dandruff so this was unbearable), also started having some random headaches.

I have 3 months worth of finasteride literally waiting to be used but simply too scared after reading about PFS and all these people with irreversible side effects, especially when I seem to have major side effects with everything I take. I just don’t want to risk it.

Regards to hairline, it might look low, but it actually has receded quite a lot, especially in corners, which has caused my head/face to look much longer and narrower. Docs have said the only way to get it back to where I was a year ago would be a transplant. Not even meds will work at this point. Attached some photos of only a year ago and where I’m hoping to go back to....

Attachments

• A64E4D8D-AD18-4029-B450-4040F8EEC10E.jpeg
    A64E4D8D-AD18-4029-B450-4040F8EEC10E.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 788C16ED-EDA4-417F-8811-972DA7CE87F8.png
    788C16ED-EDA4-417F-8811-972DA7CE87F8.png
    436 KB · Views: 333
  • B2FE8A66-9D72-4F18-9000-C92EA9009528.jpeg
    B2FE8A66-9D72-4F18-9000-C92EA9009528.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 318
  • 9202751F-CCE6-490D-9D2E-BCFDB7611E62.jpeg
    9202751F-CCE6-490D-9D2E-BCFDB7611E62.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 328

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in response, everyone!

I tried min for about a month and caused intense flaking (already deal with dandruff so this was unbearable), also started having some random headaches.

I have 3 months worth of finasteride literally waiting to be used but simply too scared after reading about PFS and all these people with irreversible side effects, especially when I seem to have major side effects with everything I take. I just don’t want to risk it.

Regards to hairline, it might look low, but it actually has receded quite a lot, especially in corners, which has caused my head/face to look much longer and narrower. Docs have said the only way to get it back to where I was a year ago would be a transplant. Not even meds will work at this point. Attached some photos of only a year ago and where I’m hoping to go back to....

dude you really have great hair...I wouldn't touch finasteride or Min, if you want to get 1-1500k worth of grafts in the front that alone will be enough for a really good look.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude you really have great hair...I wouldn't touch finasteride or Min, if you want to get 1-1500k worth of grafts in the front that alone will be enough for a really good look.

Agreed, and especially don't touch finasteride if you have a good head of hair. It can do more harm than good. I'm paying for it right now

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed, and especially don't touch finasteride if you have a good head of hair. It can do more harm than good. I'm paying for it right now
Thanks. So interesting that opinions seem completely split between meds and a transplant.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch a transplant at this very low level hair loss. You still can style your hair. Leave it how it is. Use a topical dht blocker if your that worried about finasteride.

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch a transplant at this very low level hair loss. You still can style your hair. Leave it how it is. Use a topical dht blocker if your that worried about finasteride.

To be clear, the first post of photos is current and my last post is the one with photos showing my hairline from 1-2 years ago

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be clear, the first post of photos is current and my last post is the one with photos showing my hairline from 1-2 years ago

and still have very nice hair and hairline, .... if your hair loss is under control 1k grafts would give a nice result...

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
A
and still have very nice hair and hairline, .... if your hair loss is under control 1k grafts would give a nice result...
Agreed... I would use meds at this stage - minoxidil and finasteride or RU and nizoral/regenepure etc. Your hairline looks decent but you have overall thinning and temporal recession.

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
A

Agreed... I would use meds at this stage - minoxidil and finasteride or RU and nizoral/regenepure etc. Your hairline looks decent but you have overall thinning and temporal recession.

I feel like it's a catch 22. While I am using Nizoral, I feel like if I do the finasteride+Min combo, I'm basically committing for life and risking some nasty side effects. If I just let it be, at least I know the direction I'm heading and will be able to get a transplant with good accuracy.

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like it's a catch 22. While I am using Nizoral, I feel like if I do the finasteride+Min combo, I'm basically committing for life and risking some nasty side effects. If I just let it be, at least I know the direction I'm heading and will be able to get a transplant with good accuracy.
I get it fair play mate, then I would just ride it out until you feel like you no longer can style your hair... That's when I'd get a transplant and I did... Im now coming to six weeks post transplant.

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A

is nizoral and regenepure the same thing?? I use Nizoral once a wk and does nothing for me

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure has 1% ketoconazole but also has other ingredients, I think it's designed to reduce inflammation and promote growth, also no damaging sulfates.

Nizoral is on the other hand 2% ketoconazole which has been shown to reduce scalp dht and dandruff etc. Again good for inflammation prevention.

cphil19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure has 1% ketoconazole but also has other ingredients, I think it's designed to reduce inflammation and promote growth, also no damaging sulfates.

Nizoral is on the other hand 2% ketoconazole which has been shown to reduce scalp dht and dandruff etc. Again good for inflammation prevention.
There’s also Nizoral 1% and 2%