Fue-transplant With 4000 Grafts. Is My Donor Good Enough?

NevenDursic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hallo, im 29 years old and suffering from Hairloss since 10 years. I am using propecia since 8 years and was able to stop hairloss now. I want to get a hair transplant and was suggested to do a 4000 FUE Grafts transplant. Would this be enough to cover my hairloss? What do you think about my donor region? Thank you for your help

Attachments

• IMG_9509.JPG
    IMG_9509.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_9503.JPG
    IMG_9503.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_9516.JPG
    IMG_9516.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_9512.JPG
    IMG_9512.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 379

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, Your donor hair looks excellent. I would have guessed 3000 grafts. I assume it is for the crown area only.

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
I would disagree on a few counts:
1) I think your donor does not look that dense. I can see a lot of scalp and your hair is not that short.
2) I am not sure you would benefit that much from hair transplant. You have a LOT of hair on top, and given that you say you are stable on meds and that you are only 29 I would reconsider hair transplant. If you eventually go for hair transplant, save your grafts for later on when you may really need them.
3) If you get hair transplant you may have a long run for a short slide. Given the appearance of your donor and the potential for shock loss in borderline hairs on top (and in the back and sides) you may not get as much out of hair transplant as you hope.

Overall, if I were you I would hold off and push on with meds.