Fueling Testosterone and Preventing Hair Loss???

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting...The participants supplementing with 100mg of the tocotrienol complex had an average 42 percent increase in hair count after 5 months, with no side-effects reported. The mechanism of action appears to be unrelated to DHT levels. It's been reported that the tocotrienols may protect and replenish the hair follicle by their potent antioxidant ability.

http://www.primordialperformance.com/toco.cfm $29.99 not too bad..can be add to my regiment...

http://www.lanelabs.com/products.asp?pr ... ment_facts

way better product..little bit more expensive too...

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
this is really confusing. isn't this just a hyped up vitamin-e pill?

also it says it boosts testosterone. wouldn't this be bad for people concerned about gyno???

where are all the experts when you need them?

there is a study about vitamin-e and hairloss here:
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/72112 ... ption.html

summary of which states:
...... volunteers who took tocotrienol / alpha-tocopherol had at least some increase in visible hairs over the 15 month study period

on a side note.
doesn't kfc cook with palm oil now????

mikej123

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Interesting...The participants supplementing with 100mg of the tocotrienol complex had an average 42 percent increase in hair count after 5 months, with no side-effects reported. The mechanism of action appears to be unrelated to DHT levels. It's been reported that the tocotrienols may protect and replenish the hair follicle by their potent antioxidant ability.

http://www.primordialperformance.com/toco.cfm $29.99 not too bad..can be add to my regiment...

http://www.lanelabs.com/products.asp?pr ... ment_facts

way better product..little bit more expensive too...

I emailed Primordial Performance about the toco8 and asked if there was any reason I should use their product over a competitors, this was their response -

“Any oil based extract such as the “PalmViteeâ€￾ softgels will offer an inconsistent and erratic absorption rate. Our Toco-8 is a water soluble powder which offers a significant improvement in solubility, and therefore bio-availability.

Plus, our Toco-8 includes the same dose and type of tocotrienols used in the hair loss prevention study, supplied by the GMP manufacturer Carotech Inc. -Eric “

This sound promising, so I went ahead and ordered a couple tins. I will keep you guys updated on the results.

mikej123

Reaction score
billythekid said:
this is really confusing. isn't this just a hyped up vitamin-e pill?

also it says it boosts testosterone. wouldn't this be bad for people concerned about gyno???

where are all the experts when you need them?

there is a study about vitamin-e and hairloss here:

summary of which states:
...... volunteers who took tocotrienol / alpha-tocopherol had at least some increase in visible hairs over the 15 month study period

on a side note.
doesn't kfc cook with palm oil now????

I think it’s a little different than regular vitamin-e. for more info you can go to this link
http://www.primordialperformance.com/toco.cfm

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
honestly, it sound like marketing crap to me.

but good luck with your toco-8.

make sure you give us updates.

i myself will just eat some almonds every day.

Yuber

Reaction score
Nineteen patients (14 men and 5 women)
11 got Toco-8
8 got placebo
One volunteer had regrowth of more than 100%. The mean percentage of increase in the number of hairs is 42.4±40.9% (mean±superdrol)

19? Wow, that's a small study to claim something to be an alternative to finasteride. lol

For those that ordered Toco-8, remember to double the serving size since the double dose was the one that was "clinically effective".

This isn't a unique product. Among others, Now Foods got the same tocotrienol source in their True E-bio complex.

The producer of Toco-8 writes this about a- alopecia:
Perhaps those with androgenic alopecia would best be served to use Toco-8 as an adjunct to their finasteride therapy. (long as the side effects from the drug are acceptable to them. Most men I speak to have a hard time determining what’s more important – erections, or a full head of hair)

As far as Toco-8 boosting T so much as to significantly increase DHT to counter the positive effects on Toco-8 for hair loss is very farfetched IMO. If this where the case, we wouldn’t have seen an improvement in all individuals in the study. Besides, the positive effect of Toco-8 on the T levels would be considered mild in most. (unless they are deficient in Vit E)

Primordial Performance responds to people on this forum. There seems to be a lot of people there allready testing it out for us, saving us some time and money :).
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/primordial-performance/

mikej123

Reaction score
So I have been on toco-8 for almost a month and I would have to say I don’t think it taste that bad at all. I have noticed I don’t have as much fall out, and my hair line is looking better.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
mikej123, sorry for asking, but are you affiliated with the makers of toco-8 in any way?

also, do you have any before / after pics?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.wholesalesupplementstore.com/toco3nols.html

Toco-Sorb can do the job too..less expensive.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 gel
Total Tocotrienols
d-alpha-tocotrienol 17.3mg
d-beta-tocotrienol 2.6mg
d-gamma-tocotrienol 31.5mg
d-delta-tocotrienol 8.6mg

Total d-alpha-tocopherol 26IU
Plant Squalene 15mg
Phytosterols Complex 5.3mg
Mixed Carotenoid Complex 75mcg

Suggested Use: take 1-2 gels per day with a meal or as directed by your qualified health consultant.

mikej123

Reaction score
billythekid said:
mikej123, sorry for asking, but are you affiliated with the makers of toco-8 in any way?

also, do you have any before / after pics?

Nope I just use the stuff, and it’s not like I’m growing back a full head of hair. I’ve just noticed less fall out.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Sparky4444

Reaction score
squeegee...my fellow Edmontonian...this smells of scam...mikej123 first post is about this product. He orders this stuff the same day Feb13, and proclaims to be on the stuff for nearly a month and its Mar 13??

I think this is just a scam snake-oil ploy....I wish it were true, but there is no backup to substantiate the claims.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I know it is not the miracle for hairloss but can help..If bodybuilders jump on the bandwagon..it is good sh*t..I know that Hairloss it is not only dht related. Why not trying it for a year? I just gonna add tocotrienols supplements to my regimen..not the toco-8...too expensive.. something like toco-sorb..

Fred

BTW SParky444 are you living in Edmonton too??

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hey Fred...yep, live in the westend out in The Grange.

I was on Propecia even before it was approved in Canada. I think I was 30 at the time. The sides really started to hit when I was 35/36 and the effectiveness started going down hill. I was really committed to attack balding before it really hit me hard. Diffuse thinning combined with temporal recession really hit me hard last year when I was 37. This coincided with me getting off the proscar, no doubt, but i was already going sharply downhill anyways. I switched to minoxidil and tricomin but I didn't really stick with it. Got on Revivogen but the smell really bothered me so I didn't see that through...

Having said all that, I am convinced the DHT is reallly taking over big time. I recently decided to give Revivo another shot, but this time i wear a bandana to bed so the smell doesn't get to me. 3 nights on this and so far so good. Keeping my hair short, gonna order some more tricomin spray and shampoo for morning application as this stuff really is a much better alternative to minoxidil and I believe it did help me keep things in check a little when I got off proscar.

I think I will get some of this topo-stuff as a supplement to help the attack. Also would like to add some Saw Palmetto to hit the DHT orally...Let me know Fred which stuff you order and from where...Do you have any suggestions for a decent Palmetto supplement??

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Sparky,

Have you thought of taking a low dose of finas? .50 or .25 maybe?
Are you using Nizoral? Piroctone Olamine shampoo is a shampoo I rotate with nizoral and has good data behind it as well. Coal tar shampoo also.
I personally would use Tricomin spray but not the shampoo.

I think doing revivogen at least a few nights a week would be helpful. I am not a believer of oral SP, but there is some interesting info on its use topically ... maybe with spironolactone cream at night with some peppermint oil... there is some good info on these boards in regards to topicals that can be of help against DHT while on Finas or without.

Read Michael Barrys posts for these info. Check out the discussions on the Japanese study on herbals with antiandrogenic properties. Old Baldys posts are very useful as well.

wish you good luck,
patagonia

Sparky4444

Reaction score
well, the finasteride was just not working anymore so there is no point going back...plus I really don't like the meds. It really screwed with my hormones and I never felt good taking the stuff.

The tricomin shampoo and conditioner works really well for me in that I can use it every day and my scalp doesn't dry out like hell. Being in Alberta, climate is super, super dry, especially in winter. With the diffuse thinning, spironolactone cream is highlly impractical. I think Revivo is the best choice for DHT for me right now -- you only apply it at night before bed so you don't deal with a mess in the morning. Morning tricomin spray (along with the shampoo) also helps with the scalp health. I do have some 5% minoxidil which I might put into the rotation, but we'll see...

mikej123

Reaction score
Sparky4444 said:
squeegee...my fellow Edmontonian...this smells of scam...mikej123 first post is about this product. He orders this stuff the same day Feb13, and proclaims to be on the stuff for nearly a month and its Mar 13??

I think this is just a scam snake-oil ploy....I wish it were true, but there is no backup to substantiate the claims.

Scam...i think not. i heard of this stuff on some bodybuilding forums and wanted to know more about what prople thought, so looked up hair loss forums so i could talk with people i know are going through the same thing i am. not a bunch of meat heads.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
spammer or not, the product is way too expensive. it costs $30/month.

there are much cheaper alternatives. just look for vitamin e complex or vitamin e mixed tocopherols.

if you are going to try vitamin e, just know that megadosing can lead to other health problems.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
well, from what I gather, there is a difference between tocopherols and tocotrienols...

alright, I'm game...I won't spend $30 a month on the bodybuilding stuff, but I will look for a good tocotrienols supplement to try...