FULL Hair Pieces?

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
You may be wondering, why? You aren't losing hair on your sides and back are you?

Well certainly not. It's just that, if I'm going to be applying GLUE, I'd want to apply it on a shaved head, and I'm not going to shape my tops but leave my sides and back growing. It's retarded, so I'd shave my entire head (maybe in the years to come...) so, obviously, I would want a full custom hair replacement.

DO THESE EXIST, in the same companies that make partial pieces (the ones that go just on the top of your head)? Replies are most appreciated and welcome.

Come on guys, lets not let this part of the forum die..

beemark

Reaction score
Most companies that make hairpieces also make custom "full caps" (wigs) for men. The process isn't any different than making a wig for a woman.

Vigaku

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, cool. Thanks for replying, unlike the other foo's here.

CCS

Reaction score
Not having to pull glue out of your natural hair will be nice. Not having blending issues will be nice too. Full caps are more secure too. You can have perfect hair.

The main downside is the nape of the neck flexes and can give away a piece there. You may need your natural hair on the nape. The other downside is you will be gluing the base to hairs that grow the strongest and fastest. I don't know how much lift that will cause, or how often you will need to shave.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, I hear what you are saying but you have yo consider realism. A hair system will look more realistic if a lot of hair on your head is your own. It is a lot mroe conveinient having your own side and back hair as well. Trust me go on the toplace forum. There is only one guy I know who uses full cap and that was because his side and back hair was thinning. He is actually a master of the full cap and claims there are loads more benefits. Pm me for details.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No I haven't tried their systems yet, I am not taking the plunge until a few weeks before univeristy, but trust me I will take the plunge, loads of people on this forum like CCS go on about it but a lot haven't the bottle to follow through. Go to toplace.com and go on the forum section, look at the pics, mos tof them look flawless. My hair is falling out at a ridiculous rate and I'm only 20.

beemark

Reaction score
99% of veteran wearers (including me) will tell you that a hairpiece is the way to go unless for some reason, like patchy hair loss, you can't expose your remaining natural hair.

My own hair is now so thin and so severely receded that a hairpiece that matches the density of my remaining hair just looks too sparse (too much scalp showing through the hair). So I took the plunge & ordered a full cap (wig). I never wanted to go this route because I know attachment and alignment can be tricky. I haven't had it cut in yet, so I can't say anything about how easy or difficult it will be to attach. And of course, if I don't like it, I'll go back to wearing hairpieces.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Person you inspired me to check out Toplace, I got my template made and cut out some hair samples for them to check out. I, person, incourage you to take the plunge, your too young to worry about hairloss, just get your hair replaced and get drunk and laid to the best of your ability,the twenties are about having a good time going to school and getting chicks while you still have the looks,the best to both you and Beemark. Let me know how everything goes my bald brothers with your hair replacements.