Full recovery.

ibulicious9955@gmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am 18 now and I started shedding when I was about 17. My hairline is kind of intact but the hair on the top is starting to thin out. I am using nizoral currently but I am not sure that it is helping. I am skeptical about starting minoxidil cuz of the horror stories but I will take the plunge in a week. Is full recovery even possible? I mean thickening of each and every existing hair. And on an average, for how many years does rogaine work? Any one of you ever had good results with it?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Not sure if there is really that much of a risk with minoxidil. Extreme sides are very rare. The most common sides you will have to deal with are scalp irritation and dandruff. Using the foam instead of the liquid might help with this. Other then that, get yourself a good dandruff shampoo. If your hair loss is aggressive then minoxidil alone may only buy you a few years.

ibulicious9955@gmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
No dude I am not scared of the sides. I know minoxidil has a very excellent safety profile. I am just scared cuz some people say 'Oh I used rogaine and lost all my hair', 'I lost all my gains after 6 months and now I am below the baseline. Stuff like this scares the **** out of me.

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well with the available treatments most people's hair gets worse/sheds before regrowth or thickening takes place. its a tradeoff basically..for aggressive cases minoxidil might not help much but wouldn't be the cause for someone to be below baseline afterwards

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I am just scared cuz some people say 'Oh I used rogaine and lost all my hair', 'I lost all my gains after 6 months and now I am below the baseline. Stuff like this scares the **** out of me.

I have heard those stories too, but can tell you that did not happen in my case. I would say if you are prepared to use it for the foreseeable future then you should give it a try, but just be prepared for a shed. This also applies to finasteride. Generally things get worse before they get better.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score