Funny story from today

G

Unlike a few of my other stories, this did actually happen.

Today at work - I couldn’t help but cringe.

Why, you ask?

It all started as I got into work - wearing my baseball cap.

For the 1st time in ages I felt focused.

I felt I could just get on with my work without sneakily looking at the people around me to see if they are trying to suss out why I wear a cap all the time. Even though I was thinking about hair loss, I tried to disguise this by keeping a straight face.

It’s now 9.15am.

This was when I went to the toilet and viewed my hair.

Horror.

I am never going to accept the current state it’s in.

I then went back to the machine I was working on.

Anyway, each morning we have the radio on - the radio 1 breakfast show with Chris Moyles.

All of a sudden, I started to get embarrassed. For no reason really, I just felt really anxious.

Mainly because I was thinking about how bad my hair is. I don’t know what came over me. I just felt humiliated. Even though I was hiding behind a NYY baseball cap.

I was working around 15 other people who were behind me. I had my back to them working on the machine.

All I could think about was hair loss and it probably showed on my face.

I thought to myself, just keep your head down and ride it out till break and regain composure.

I was feeling the pressure.

I then told myself things couldn’t get any worse.

I was wrong.

To my complete and utter horror, Chris Moyles, the radio 1 DJ and his side kick - some lady, started to discuss hair.

This then lead on to Chris Moyles mocking his mate who is losing his hair, is slow voice he started saying

“If you got no hair……… say …yeahâ€

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow gunner.... I say this seriously... Have you considered getting on some meds for those obsessive hair thoughts? It really sounds to me like you either have OCD or BDD or both.

I know what you mean by diffused thinner (I was the same) but your hair really isnt that bad to where you should be thinking about it that much... Hell, even if your hair was that bad you sound like you focus way too much on it.

I'm saying this in a helpful way... not passing judgment on ya or anything... just my two cents

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
the reason gunner has so much time on his hands to post these fairy tales is because he's too scared to go out and show to the world that he is a young kid who is most unfortunately GOING BALD.

You can tell all the fairy tales you like but the fact remains that you are going to be bald at a very young age

sucks, eh gun?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn Gunner, you think way too much about this stuff. The thing is man, you gotta get comfortable with yourself at some point. Yeah your hair is falling out - so what, BFD. You gotta think about what you are good at instead of obsessing about things that you dont like about yourself. Really man, its going to f*** up your job, your chances with women, and everyone around you will think you are weird if you dont get your mind working for you instead of against you.

G

Have you ever thought about going into writing for a living. This is great work that you are writing here. I was totally engrosed. I was excited, sad, happy and sad again.

Great stuff.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
he IS thinking about what he's good at- the only thing he is good at is crying about his miserable life and then turning it into writing.

hand your stuff into an agent or something gunn, you might get published

at least you're good at something

Mikey

Established Member
Reaction score
Although this isn't one of them, your blatent attemps at being funny make me cringe I have to say that

All I can say is what do you expect people to think if you wear a baseball cap to work. Im pretty sure weve all been down the baseball cap route, but there are places to wear em and places not to and work isn't one of those places.

You really gotta sort things out son, your hair isn't even that bad fromt he pictures I can tell. Im not trying to be rude, but I think its dissapointment with your general appearance that is upsetting you and not neccissarily the density of your hair. Just my opinnion

G

Mikey said:
Although this isn't one of them, your blatent attemps at being funny make me cringe I have to say that

All I can say is what do you expect people to think if you wear a baseball cap to work. Im pretty sure weve all been down the baseball cap route, but there are places to wear em and places not to and work isn't one of those places.

You really gotta sort things out son, your hair isn't even that bad fromt he pictures I can tell. Im not trying to be rude, but I think its dissapointment with your general appearance that is upsetting you and not neccissarily the density of your hair. Just my opinnion

They are funny.

Believe me, I'm sometimes in tears reading them.

The thought of them cracks me up.

Btw, nope it's the hair that's the problem. Nothing else. Just hair loss.

Hence the fact I'm here.

Rawbie

You'll be lost, even if you didn't have hair loss.