Fut Scar 2000 Graft Versus 4000 Graft

hailmary

Reaction score
this might be a dumb question but I was wondering if surgery that needed less graft or more graft would there be a difference in how long the linear scar would be?

I only want a small amount covered in the back but if they are going take a chunk out would it be better to get more?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you want to do FUT?
I don't know. In 2016 I would go with multiple sessions of FUE so no long scar...

lbj2

Reaction score
Bigger sessions create the risk of bigger scars, but if you're going to the best of the best, I'd trust the surgeon. If there's substantial work to be done before you'll be satisfied, probably best to do more sooner rather later.

hailmary

Reaction score
Yea FUT is only way the surgeon will do a long hair transplant. I can't do a shaved FUE because of the downtime and the possibility of people finding out I got surgery.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea FUT is only way the surgeon will do a long hair transplant. I can't do a shaved FUE because of the downtime and the possibility of people finding out I got surgery.
I understand. However, do take into consideration that the shaving is of course momentary. When you do FUT (I know cause I did it when FUE was not available yet) won't allow you to shave it or buzz it ever again in your life.