FUT strip scars solved by beard hair transplants - Dr Umar

keepitshorter

Reaction score
I wanted to share the following information with the members of the forum because I know there are many out there, including myself, that could benefit from what Dr. Umar has done for this man.

Dr. Umar has successfully taken on some of the most severe cases of scarring and disfigurement on people who have had previous unsuccessful hair transplant procedures. A lot of people have old style punch graft scars, and strip scars that prevent them from wearing their hair shorter. And, we all know that keeping our hair shorter works better with some people who are thin/balding because it gives the appearance of the hair being more evenly distributed.

On this particular person Dr. Umar successfully transplanted beard hair grafts into this man's strip scar, and it looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS_qqeRElQk

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
This shows the problems of strip. Its easy to get one and takes tons of grafts to get rid of the scar.
How many grafts did this strip scar consume?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
My bad. Graft numbers is already given in the video and older thread.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
If he kept his hair as long as it is in the follow up he wouldn't have needed the BHT, the hair would cover the scar, like it always does. I simply do not understand spending tens of thousands of dollars on hair transplant only to shave your head. Waste of time and money.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
If he kept his hair as long as it is in the follow up he wouldn't have needed the BHT, the hair would cover the scar, like it always does. I simply do not understand spending tens of thousands of dollars on hair transplant only to shave your head. Waste of time and money.

Buzzcut is not = shave.
buzzcut is today's generation's favored hairstyle when the hair starts to thin.
Buzzcut with strip will show the strip scar.

What is wrong with you guys? This guy can now keep a buzz even though he had to transplant a whooping 3000 grafts to do so. If he hadnt got a strip in the first place, all this expense would not be needed.
Imagine how much hairloss those 3000 grafts could cover if they were not required to be squandered on the strip scars!

I just had 1800 grafts, have my dream hairline, covered a lot of bald scalp and can buzzcut. I dont have to waste money filling in a strip scar. Look at it that way. :)

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, hair transplant to have a buzzcut is stupid

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is a great example of which hair looks best where. What I mean is, you are better off having beard hair in the back of the head where you're most likely going to keep it shorter this way the odd characteristics of beard hair when grown too long aren't a factor.

Either way you look at it, I don't think it's a waste of donor hair because I don't know where else you'd want to use beard hair other than the back of the head. I think this is yet another great option in the hairloss battle.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Rwt_Raj said:
Imagine how much hairloss those 3000 grafts could cover if they were not required to be squandered on the strip scars!

It was 1050 grafts.
But even with those scars he could have still had a grade 3/4 cut and they would'nt have been visible.
Its important to remember that strip scars vary greatly depending on patient characteristics and surgeon skills. H&W have a video on their website of a strip patient buzzing down to grade 1 and the scar is almost impossible to find.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed, give me a surgeon who can tricho vs BHT any day. Which brings me to another ?. s.a.f., would you consider BHT?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
Agreed, give me a surgeon who can tricho vs BHT any day. Which brings me to another ?. s.a.f., would you consider BHT?

Let me ask you whether any doctor will give a written gaurantee for a non visible scar even with the tricho.
Will they even gaurantee a 1mm scar in writing?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Rwt_Raj":3m2lhm2a]
H&W have a video on their website of a strip patient buzzing down to grade 1 and the scar is almost impossible to find.
[/quote:3m2lhm2a]

That a red flag for me. Did they write "results may vary" alongside it?
Otherwise, its plain marketing and dishonest at that, as a newbie may think strip will ALWAYS give a donor like that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:

Not at the moment, but maybe in the future if I get desperate enough who knows :dunno: , but I dont feel its worth the cost since the hairs themselves dont give as much cosmetic coverage as real head hair.
Right now though I feel I've had enough of surgery to last a lifetime.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if the scar is thin it is still possible to be seen. Mine is pretty obvious in the light even where it is thin due to the coloration of my hair and skin. That little bit of pinkness stands out.

s.a.f

Reaction score
How long ago was the surgery and how long is your hair?

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I should have elaborated. When I trim my hair short, say 1/4", it is still obvious even where there is no "strip" because of the redness. On my left side, the strip is actually pretty wide and is much more obvious. I would say at 1/2" it is difficult to see at all. I have been outside recently with hair a bit longer than 1/2" and no one seemed to take notice of me. I am at six months. Hopefully early next year I'll get about 2500-3000 more grafts and get a much fuller look and feel more comfortable growing my hair out longer. Right now after it gets a little bit past 1/2" it looks really thin on top and gets unmanageable.