• fut

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • fue

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a 2000 or so graft FUT transplant about 8 months ago, things are going great but i want more hair coverage. I have read that you should only go for an FUE procedure if you've had 2 or more FUT surgeries and needed more density. Ive read that FUT usually gets more density if it were the same number of grafts, but im my opinion ive seen some FUE procedures done on youtube that gave great density. I will provide before and after pics of myself tho, im only 8 months post op, so i got about 4 months left of growth.

But, with that being said i want to know if im a good candidate for an FUE procedure. I would like 2 things out of my next procedure 1) primarily to do the crown since that wasnt covered at all in the first procedure 2) go over the frontal hairline again, maybe go an inch or 2 back to fill some more density there. It doesnt look that great when wet ....
View attachment 60219
tell me how many grafts you think ill need and if i should do FUT OR FUE

Last edited:

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you already did FUT then a second FUT wouldn't be a bad option. You can always save FUE for last and go over the scar when you reach your desired results.

I did fut but honestly im not happen with the density, its only 8 months tho. Im trying to plan another procedure but i want it to be my last one. or at least not have to do another one for 10 yrs .. plus. can you do two bigger FUE procedures ? or is the donor pretty much screwed after the first FUe

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know my transplant didn't really start showing until after the 8 month amd continued to thicken well past the 1 year mark. Give it time.

Interesting, i know i should expect more but honestly since the 5th month my hair growth really slowed down. I had shock loss 2 months after my procedure and finally got on finasteride (should've been on it before then). My shedding phase recently strated to slow down, these past 3 months i started to shedd more than ever. Hopefully i do get more growth but either way i think il need one more pass at least thru the crown ...

anyone else has experience with FUE after one FUT?