FUT vs FUE, which is better in long run

MPB4

Reaction score
FUT vs FUE, which is better in the long run

Hello, I am a young male under 30 with about a Norwood 3v/ 4 pattern of hair loss and seeking advice on hair transplant surgery on which would be my better option - FUT or FUE. I have heard cases both for and against both, however I'm wondering which would be better for an individual like myself in the long run? I estimate that I need at minimum 4,000 grafts to get even a just about acceptable look. I have come across FUE doctors who can do up to and beyond 4,000 grafts, so session size has nothing to do with my indecisive confusion between both procedures, but am open to both.

I like the idea of getting FUE because of the avoidance of the linear scar at the back of the head etc. and am happy that FUE alleviates this concern. However amongst the concerns I have regarding FUE are the following,

(a) Is it true that the yield is less than FUT?

(b) Is it true that the lifetime donor supply of grafts can be only half of what you could get with FUT, say only 4,000 grafts as opposed to 7-8,000 grafts for FUT, so that by doing FUE I would be undermining my future coverage?

Thank you for your help.