FUT with fue scar revision, or FUE all the way?

Receding_Boy

Reaction score
What is the consensus here, which approach is better in the long run, FUT (strip) procedure with the benefits of lower transection (no grow) rates, cheaper, denser (according to Shapiro's clinic of Minnesota), and then follow up with a small FUE session in the scar after the scar has healed, or get a complete FUE procedure from the beginning?

Also, who do you all think might have the lowest transection rates among FUE docs?

Receding_Boy

Reaction score
Manutd545:

Sorry, my implication was that a strip scar would not be acceptable. In one option, I create the scar then have an FUE procedure to correct it (Does anyone know if THIS option will still allow me to buzz my hair down really short?)

The second option is FUE only so of course the strip scar does not come into play.

Hasson and Wong are strip only. Feller is very expensive and recommended a strip procedure for me (not FUE), Rahal and Shapiro are relatively newcomers at FUE. I have high expectations from Rahal though. Dense packing, awesome artistry of the hairline, all that is needed is more proven long term (1-3 years at least) results on FUE procedures. Then the man has it all.

BUMP for more feedback!!!

M

Mr. 4000

I would NEVER recommend strip

I have many reasons for my position.

Ben is correct in saying it massively depends on the patient's level of balding and expectations.

That being said if you cant get by with FUE then don't even bother, unless you are looking for an unnatural very invasive risk

You scalp will never be the same

I made a huge mistake going strip, and regret it big time

Doctors and reps will lead you to strip because it makes them more money

Tkane000

Reaction score
For anyone out there who likes to cut their hair short (#2 or less), FUE is by far the better option. With FUT, you will not be able to cut to a #2 without an extremely noticeable visible scar on the back of your head. My Doctor talked me into an FUT instead of an FUE and I really regret it. If you are going the FUT route, you better make sure you are ok getting a #3 or higher every time you get your hair cut. Do not make the same mistake i did. I feel more self conscious now about this scar than i did about losing my hair.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doctors and reps will lead you to strip because it makes them more money

Doesnt FUE cost more for the patient? Wouldnt that make the Doctor more money? Or is it time.

For me the thought of the FUT scar is too much. Most guys hate hair loss because its a loss of choice in life. You loose the options to have hair styled, or just shave it if you "want". Well now you've hypothetically eliminated a choice by trying to correct a different one. You can no longer keep your hair short.

Go FUE, can you talk to your surgeon about the use of body hair?

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Fut more density?
Never heard anything about that.
More what I can tell you'd have to be a grade A bozo to even consider going FUT, money or not.
As swing line said you are limiting your options, just like balding.