Gardener, Jesusfreak

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you guys shed on spironolactone? How many applications of spironolactone did you administer and how much. If you did shed, how long into spironolactone usage did this come about and, how long did it take to cease.

I just make 8-10 dabs of spironolactone 2% in the traditional male pattern baldness areas in the evening without squeezing the bottle even though I now have hair in these areas. Do you think that is sufficient amount or do I need to squeeze the bottle for more to come out.

I was doing so well on minoxidil and nizarol (8 months) and hope that I haven't made a mistake by adding spironolactone. perhaps, I could have kept my current hair for many years on minoxidil and spironolactone alone. I have also added folligen even though I have little to no irration.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I THINK I shed a little when I started. Then again, I feel like I shed all the time so it is hard to tell! But, none of my sheds ever have had a visible impact on my hair. I mean, every now and then I have weeks where it seems there is a ton of hair on the shower floor every morning, but none of these sheds ever really made my hairline look worse or reversed any of the improvements I have experienced.

At first, the sheds really bothered me, made me think things were going wrong. After an extended period on the sh*t, I slowly realized that the sheds were just par for the course and they don't bother me at ALL anymore. I don't even think about them, and, I feel like I don't shed as much probably because I don't pay attention to the shed hairs like I used to back in those early days.

Ah, the key question to spironolactone... to squeeze, or not to squeeze. I don't squeeze... but sometimes I have had bottles that just seemed to have a more stubborn applicator dauber and I felt compelled to apply some gentle pressure to get the stuff running. But, for the most part, I just lightly dab. Now, I use a lot of spironolactone, but this is not because I apply more, but because I now apply it not only to my 'affected area' but also apply it to my entire crown as a preventative measure and to thicken up the top, which is not balding but it does seem to grow a bit slower than the sides. I've noticed improvement there, leads me to think that spironolactone is working for me. But, it is hard to say precisely, because I'm sure that those crown hairs are also influenced somewhat indirectly by the minoxidil that I only apply to my frontal area, which is where my actual balding/thinning has occurred.