General Question

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairs that fall out from male pattern baldness have the "club" at the end of them, right?

I know that's an easy question that I should know the answer to (this is directed to you, HairlossTalk), but I am studying for 3 finals and I don't have time to look it up.

Thanks to whoever gives me the answer.

SkipTracer

Reaction score
Fletcher here. No, that is not true. All hairs that fall out have a bulb of some size. If a hair falls out that has no bulb then that hair did not fall out and was instead cut or broken.

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Pre- hair loss, my hair was very dense, yet light and fluffy in texture. Since my hair loss started, its been very dry and "crispy." Has this change in texture occured to anyone else as well?

markymark123

Established Member
Reaction score
marksb11,
You sound exactly like me. Last year, my freshman year at college, my hair took a turn for the worse. It had been thick and would curl up into an afro of sorts, but then all of a sudden I began receding rapidly and my hair turned to hay. In other words, it felt dry and "crispy." I knew I was losing my hair, but no one else believed me. At first I thought it was stress (I really hated my roommate) or poor nutrition or any other reason under the sun. After a few months I jumped on propecia and after approximately 9 months, I'd say my hair feels a little better (not like hay), but I've continued to recede. I'm gonna stay on it,though, because I feel like it can really help thicken things up, but getting back to your original question, yeah I definitely felt the texture change. It can get better I think, however, so good luck to you.

The Gardener

Reaction score
The best way to prevent 'crispy' hair is to keep the bong a bit further from your head when you take your tokes. Heat rises, so keep the bong a bit more out in front of you and not directly below your face.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
marksb11 said:
I know that's an easy question that I should know the answer to (this is directed to you, HairlossTalk)
There's nothing wrong with asking questions. The problem I had with you was when you were declaring new scientific truths related to hair loss that were wayyyyy wrong. :) That is when I suggested that you educate yourself more on hairloss 101 :)

HairLossTalk.com

marksb11

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny you said that Gardener....

Two summers ago while I was working at a sleep away camp, I would get stoned at least 4 nights a week for 8 weeks. When I started losing hair, I wondered if it was due to smoking all of the weed, so I stopped doing it. Then this past summer, I barely smoked at all and my hair loss still continued. So, I might as well going back to smoking that sh*t to relieve some anxiety. More likely than not though, I won't start doing it again.

misterium

Reaction score
NO!

Cannabis does not cause your hair to fall out.

Period.

Petchsky

Reaction score
If it did i would be one bald mothafucker! But seriously stay away from the demon weed :!: 8) ayyyyy

The Gardener

Reaction score
No, but you lose a lot of hair when you are pulling it out looking for the car keys you misplaced while you were high.

G

IwantMyhair said:
NO!

Cannabis does not cause your hair to fall out.

Period.

the stuff I am growing in my mothers bathroom (she is blind) can bring a man down at 200 yards, I have seen people lose all their hair after a couple of drags.

good stuff

yT

The Gardener

Reaction score
I get some hydroponically grown sh*t that is produced locally by a master. He has a climate-controlled basement with lights set on adjustible timers to maximize the chemical content over the span of the growth season. He puts little hoods on the plants to keep them from germinating and it keeps the buds sin-semilla seedless. But, the secret is the fertilizer.. he grows the plants in specially procured bat guano from a remote mountain in Afghanistan.

misterium

Reaction score
tynanW said:
the stuff I am growing in my mothers bathroom (she is blind) can bring a man down at 200 yards, I have seen people lose all their hair after a couple of drags.

good stuff

yT

Try me!