genetically diagnosing my kid for alopecia

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm at that age where I'm planning to have kids but what worries me is that I dont want them to suffer from hairloss like I am.

Is there a way to genetically diagnose the embroyo for androgenic alopecia just like in vitro is used to diagnose some genetic diseases?

I know some of you may say "well by the time they are 20, there will be a cure or cloning or whatever", but I dont want to take the risk and screw them over. They've been saying the "cure will be out in the next 5 years" since 100 years ago and its never happened.......

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Mofo, rest assured. As those poor kids are going to be inheriting a great deal more of your DNA than just your male pattern baldness genes, this will be the very least of their deficiencies... :woot:

Ende

Reaction score
Rabid said:
Mofo, rest assured. As those poor kids are going to be inheriting a great deal more of your DNA than just your male pattern baldness genes, this will be the very least of their deficiencies... :woot:
lol

Ende

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for mofo's payback. :p Maybe I should make myself some popcorn.