Get back on finasteride?

g0901

Reaction score
Hello,

Without typing up a lot; i'll give you guys a quick run down:
-took finasteride at 27 years old (forgot the dosage) November 2011 for the first time. Prescribed by my dermatologist
-was prescribed another 30 tablets early 2012 after my first run was over
-after my 2nd run; I didn't go back to my dermatologist and haven't taken it yet
-when I was on it I ate healthy, worked out, didn't drink
-after my 2nd run on finasteride I kinda stopped working out and slacked off with my diet
-now I'm 31 and I want to get on finasteride and properly give it another run
-my hair is thinning on my crown and that's what I want to avoid; picture attached.
-I've been growing my hair since september 2015, but the top is still noticeable

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention that when I was on finasteride I wasn't taking a full tab everyday. I was taking a quarter of a tab everyday til the vial was complete.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    724.8 KB · Views: 272

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it was a quick run down. but if you want to be smart-aleck then don't say anything.

well, to be far to br1, the title of your post is a question.

Fall

Reaction score
To get or not to get. That is the question.

Basically, you can get on it again without issues. What were your results when taking finasteride? Did your hair loss stop? Any shedding? Any side effects?

If you did not see any sides I would say you should give it a shot a gain. If you even noticed that your thinning slowed down a bit you should definitely get back on finasteride! I would make it dependent on how you feel finasteride helped you...

2Young4This

Reaction score
Agree with everyone above - this post is very confusing.

So you're basically asking if you should get back on, but you have not given us any details aside from basically "i've taken it before"

Did you have side effects before? Are you concerned you will side effects now? Are you concerned it won't be as effective at your age vs. when you were 27?

What is this post about? I might as well make my own:

Should I eat another sandwich?
-when I was 16 I ate sandwiches regularly
-Took a small break, ate some more when I was 17
-Between 18 and 19 did not eat sandwiches
-Am now 20, should I eat sandwiches again?

Rockinlove

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a topical minoxidil + finasteride solution available as well in my country. I am not certain as to how effective it is and neither do I have specifics pertaining to systemic absorption. However, my friend uses it and it has stopped his hair loss while leading to some regrowth. Hard to discern though if the topical finasteride is effective in the slightest.

g0901

Reaction score
Agree with everyone above - this post is very confusing.

So you're basically asking if you should get back on, but you have not given us any details aside from basically "i've taken it before"

Did you have side effects before? Are you concerned you will side effects now? Are you concerned it won't be as effective at your age vs. when you were 27?

What is this post about? I might as well make my own:

Should I eat another sandwich?
-when I was 16 I ate sandwiches regularly
-Took a small break, ate some more when I was 17
-Between 18 and 19 did not eat sandwiches
-Am now 20, should I eat sandwiches again?

Here's how it went in late 2011: My dermatologist prescribed finasteride for me. It was 30 tabs and he said to take 1/4 of a pill per day. I can't remember the dosage, but after those 30 tabs were complete; I was prescribed another 30 tabs. Now, during my finasteride run I was weight lifting (I had just started lifting), eating rather well, no drinking or smoking, but smoking occasional bud. As for side effects: I didn't really see any, or that I can't recall since its been a few years. So, after my second prescription I decided to stop taking finasteride because of all the horror stories on the net regarding finasteride. And I haven't taken it since. Fast forward present day: I'm going to get back on finasteride and give it year to see if I want to continue taking finasteride. I have thinning hair on my crown area and that's what I want to fix.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's how it went in late 2011: My dermatologist prescribed finasteride for me. It was 30 tabs and he said to take 1/4 of a pill per day. I can't remember the dosage, but after those 30 tabs were complete; I was prescribed another 30 tabs. Now, during my finasteride run I was weight lifting (I had just started lifting), eating rather well, no drinking or smoking, but smoking occasional bud. As for side effects: I didn't really see any, or that I can't recall since its been a few years. So, after my second prescription I decided to stop taking finasteride because of all the horror stories on the net regarding finasteride. And I haven't taken it since. Fast forward present day: I'm going to get back on finasteride and give it year to see if I want to continue taking finasteride. I have thinning hair on my crown area and that's what I want to fix.

Good for you man and I wish you luck!! but, once again, do you have a question for us?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone with a thinning crown: did finasteride help the situation?

finasteride works best on the crown. Get back on finasteride and use minoxidil.