gettin temples filled in at 26, would it be advisable??

eire_245

Reaction score
hey, ive been seriously considering getting my temples filled in, ive managed to maintain with propecia nd regaine, and would really like to get my hair line restored! do you guys think it would be better waiting until i got a bit older or would it be fine to go ahead with it if ive stabilised my hairloss? im pretty sure of the balding pattern as its identical to my dad, if this could help developing a strategy for my hair loss
thanks

s.a.f

Reaction score
Pics?

eire_245

Reaction score
as you can see its not a drastic change im after, maybe the front hirline to come down by about 1 cm and the sides filled in, what do you guys think?[attachment=0:39kd7jt0]right side.jpg[/attachment:39kd7jt0][attachment=1:39kd7jt0]left side.jpg[/attachment:39kd7jt0][attachment=2:39kd7jt0]front.jpg[/attachment:39kd7jt0]

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,035
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 2,039
  • right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,033

eire_245

Reaction score
this is the sort of result id be looking for![attachment=0:250ejgsj]right side copy.jpg[/attachment:250ejgsj]

Attachments

• right side copy.jpg
    right side copy.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,029

s.a.f

Reaction score
Surgery is no picnic, I'd always advise dont go through with it unless its really a problem and yours only seems like a slight problem. If you're maintaining then thats no big deal, think about if you still looked the same at 35/40 would it be so bad?
IMO less than a NW3 should'nt bother with a hair transplant.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
has your hair loss stabilized?
if so

ide say go for it

thats what i did
and my hairline was very similar to yours

you will never get back that temple hair with treatments "usually"

and i think you would benefit in confidence with getting an hair transplant

the hair transplant would be an small one probably 600-1000 grafts IMO

be sure to choose a right doctor

DONT DO THE HAIR CLUB THING
NO BOSLY

cheers mate

eire_245

Reaction score
i seem to be maintaining, and thickening up in thew frontal area, but definately nothing happening to my hairline! i think i might send my pics off to BHR in belgium as they would be the clinic id likely go with! what would you guys class my hairloss as, nw2 or 3?? maybe im better giving it another year or 2 to see how it progresses

Route66

Reaction score
BD - May I ask you a few questions?

- Who did your hair transplant?

- Are you happy with the result (especially density)?

- Any chance of seeing before/after pics?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm NW3 - no diffusion - and thinking about a hair transplant (though I have the additional problem of Alopecia Areata on one side of my head as well)

s.a.f

Reaction score
eire_245 said:
i seem to be maintaining, and thickening up in thew frontal area, but definately nothing happening to my hairline! i think i might send my pics off to BHR in belgium as they would be the clinic id likely go with! what would you guys class my hairloss as, nw2 or 3?? maybe im better giving it another year or 2 to see how it progresses

You're NW2 which is the most most common hairline for a grown man. Its entirely possible that you dont have m.p.b at all and this is just a sign of maturing.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd take the risks of a hair transplant with my hair if it looked
as good as yours. I'd wait until you showed a little more
baldness or were older.