Getting a hair transplant...requesting help & info...pre-op pics inside

Silent_Assassin

Reaction score
Hello!

As you can see, this is my first post & I am seeking some advice, opinions, tips etc from those who have had Hair Transplants and from those seriously considering one too.

I am 26 years old, have been experience hair loss probably from my early 20's, I am a British citizen of Indian origin currently living and working in the UK.

I have already had a face to face consultation with probably one of the top 5 hair transplant surgeons in the world about 4 months ago. I received a quote and a hair transplant plan however before making my final decision I do want to gather more information, quotes and other useful pieces of advice before finalising. At this stage I'd rather not reveal who I have already met.

I guess the kind of info I am looking for is for example...should I consider a FUE treatment or FUSS/FUT, how many grafts do you think I would require, how many sessions, what kind of session, what kind of cost should I be looking at etc etc

I completely understand that the answers I am looking for should come from a hair transplant surgeon and that non of you can give me any definitive answers but I am just looking for personal advice from other patients at this stage which I would really appreciate! :) In fact I have already sent my details off to a few other hair transplant surgeons via online consultations.

I have been researching hair transplant procedures etc for more than one year and I know I will definately be getting a hair transplant, it is a matter of time and it is just a case of which surgeon to hand over my money too!

I have been reading posts on this and other hair transplant forums and I must say I am very confident in getting a hair transplant procedure and some of the results I have seen from other patients is just great, it is very inspiring!

I have attached some pictures of my current hair loss situation and I would be very grateful if I could please recieve some guidance, advice etc from hair transplant patients. I am taking no medication of any kind and have not tried any kind of hair loss medicines at all. I think the things that go in my favour at that I generally tend to have very thick hair and it grows extremely quickly (well the hair that I have got left that is!)

I look forward to your feedback and advice and I would be happy to answer any questions to help you provide me with some guidance, thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

• hair1.jpg
    hair1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 218
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 193
  • hair3.jpg
    hair3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 196
  • hair4.jpg
    hair4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 224
  • hair5.jpg
    hair5.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 207
  • hair6.jpg
    hair6.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 206
  • hair7.jpg
    hair7.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 212

emex4

Established Member
Reaction score
dont do it man!!!!

its a huge waste of money!!! hair transplants always look like garbage because theyre just so thin and sparse. and think about how you're gonna look when you lose the rest of your hair but you transplants are still there. its gonna look foolish. either just shave your head or deal with it. think about how many better things you could spend your money on. seriously hair transplants suck. and think about the scar that will be left behind. not worth it man.

HairDont

Established Member
Reaction score
Give Dr. Rahal a call. At 26 and your amount of loss, I would imagine you are in for more.
But Dr. Rahal does a really good job on Dark haired patients and your hair type would propbably have a decent to good result.
Probably looking at 3,500 to 4,000 grafts.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont understand. how have you been researching hair transplants for a year, and you are still on no medication whatsoever and expect a good result?

clearly you have done zero research. youre 26 and pretty thin up there, but you havent gotten on any meds and you expect a transplant to just solve your balding problems without ever having to take medication?

i dont think your ready for a transplant. do some more research. most docs wont even perform one on you until youve been on propecia for a year.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Beat me to it, no point getting a transplant without halting your current hairloss, otherwise you will be having more transplants to keep ahead of your hairloss.

PROPECIA - it's your friend :)

Sean68

Reaction score
emex4 said:
dont do it man!!!!

its a huge waste of money!!! hair transplants always look like garbage because theyre just so thin and sparse. and think about how you're gonna look when you lose the rest of your hair but you transplants are still there. its gonna look foolish. either just shave your head or deal with it. think about how many better things you could spend your money on. seriously hair transplants suck. and think about the scar that will be left behind. not worth it man.

personally id take meds first - you wont grow back all your hair but you could keep what you have and maybe grow a bit for a while then see how your feel
in a few years. if youre set on transplant then id go for fue. itd take about...three? sessions and the best doctors are all over the pond. to get a decent amonunt of hair youre probably looking at about ten grand for a decent surgeon and a good few months under hat until heals up. thats not to put you off its just the info you wanted..