Getting A Reverse Mohawk ... 1 Week on dutasteride ... Shedding??

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe im paranoid, but I think the middle strip - from front hairline to vertex in a 3 in wide pattern - is beginning to deteriorate fast...

I have been on Propecia 1 mg/day for 9 mo ...

Switched to dutasteride (.5) about 10 days ago ...

My regimen has been 2 on 1 off. I was planning on this regimen for the first few months, then pulling the dose down to EOD or 3x week

Am I shedding? Is this normal? When can I expect this to stop?

The reason I ask is due to the fact when I began finasteride I had a bad shed during the 1st month, but then never had a noticable "shed" again ... i would drop hairs left and right, but no mass exodus was ever noted ... I never saw my hair return to its original fullness either, so I decided to make the move to a stronger drug in hopes of some stronger results ...

Should I be worried?

Logically, dutasteride is the best best IMO ... please let me know what you think.

Thanks!!!

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah - and "the burn" has come back and is a lot more intense than I am used to ... my scalp aches in the section a little forward of the crown itself ... is that a cause for concern?

i think finasteride had calmed that sensation a bit, but duuring the 'crossover' to dutasteride, it has reappaered ...

BTW, im on legit dutasteride ... no generics here

T

Timi

dutasteride

My shedding begun with the first dutasteride cap

2Weeks all 2Days 0,5mg and my Hairs very bad
and today not better
15Month on dutasteride :-x

Timi

CCS

Reaction score
hard to say. Some days my hair looks good to me, some days it does not. Some times the shower makes it look better, some days it looks good all the time, and some days the shower does not help. I can't really judge the progress just by looking and parting. Hair loss is a very slow process. But loss can happen fast to someone who has been on meds a long time and gets off them suddenly.

I just take proscar 1.25mg, and some good topicals, and good shampoos, and use my dermmatch and hope for the best. No point in worrying too much. Most people don't notice most of the time. I have NW1 friends who look very thin on some days, and thick on other days. A woman could dismiss your thinness that day as that, and then not notice on the other days. Just DO NOT tell them you are balding. They will hold it against you.

oni

Reaction score
You have been on dutasteride for 10 days?

Try taking it once a day for 6 months then get back to us.......................... are you on minoxidil?

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:

Try taking it once a day for 6 months then get back to us.......................... are you on minoxidil?

what does that mean?

does it get better or worse in 6 mo?

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
mbehr22 said:
oni said:

what does that mean?

does it get better or worse in 6 mo?