Getting desperate with shedding

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need some help here guys, my hair has been shedding constantly on and off for the past 4 months, I can't even gel or style my hair at the front anymore, you can see the scalp.
The itch comes and goes and I can't seem to stop it,
I use nizoral 2% 2-3 times a week
RU58841 - 100mg / 1ml to the front of my hair each night.
I used brylcreem the other night due to the castor oil in it, but made my head much worse.

What do you guys use to help stop the itch or reduce inflammation on your scalp?

Any input would be great!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need some help here guys, my hair has been shedding constantly on and off for the past 4 months, I can't even gel or style my hair at the front anymore, you can see the scalp.
The itch comes and goes and I can't seem to stop it,
I use nizoral 2% 2-3 times a week
RU58841 - 100mg / 1ml to the front of my hair each night.
I used brylcreem the other night due to the castor oil in it, but made my head much worse.

What do you guys use to help stop the itch or reduce inflammation on your scalp?

Any input would be great!

You have to find what's causing the inflammation. Here are some questions.

- how long have you been using RU?

- What vehicle are you using for the RU?

- Why 2% nizoral? it's unnecassary and harsh (I refuse to learn how to spell unnecessary) (There, got it)

- What is Brylcreem, and STOP putting it on your head.

- Do you use a dermaroller? I believe this has helped me.

- Are you using minoxidil? imo, you should.

- Did you jump straight to RU? Have you tried finasteride?

Yes, a long list of questions. I am a f*cking scalp detective and I will find the source of your inflammation. ;)

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to find what's causing the inflammation. Here are some questions.

- how long have you been using RU?

- What vehicle are you using for the RU?

- Why 2% nizoral? it's unnecassary and harsh (I refuse to learn how to spell unnecessary) (There, got it)

- What is Brylcreem, and STOP putting it on your head.

- Do you use a dermaroller? I believe this has helped me.

- Are you using minoxidil? imo, you should.

- Did you jump straight to RU? Have you tried finasteride?

Yes, a long list of questions. I am a f*cking scalp detective and I will find the source of your inflammation. ;)

The questions are good! Don't be sorry haha.

Alright,
1. 3 and a half months
2. 70% Ethanol and 30% PG.
3. First one I picked up at the chemist, thought a higher % would be better.
4. Brylcreem is some cream I found in the pharmacy that had caster oil, zinc and magnesium in it and was meant to promote healthy scalp.
But for some reason lays on very oily and ended up making my head itchy all day yesterday, more than normal.

5. The Dermaroller I use is 0.5
But I also have had prp treatments done, honestly I reckon I waste for $1500.
No thickening no reduction in inflammation.

6. I haven't used minoxidil just yet, just wanting to see if RU would maintain or maybe thicken my hair up a bit. But I'm also scared of the initial shed.

7. I did just jump straight onto Ru, I didn't try finasteride purely on the basis I had sexual sides from saw palmetto. But I may need to go down the finasteride path.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The questions are good! Don't be sorry haha.

Alright,
1. 3 and a half months
2. 70% Ethanol and 30% PG.
3. First one I picked up at the chemist, thought a higher % would be better.
4. Brylcreem is some cream I found in the pharmacy that had caster oil, zinc and magnesium in it and was meant to promote healthy scalp.
But for some reason lays on very oily and ended up making my head itchy all day yesterday, more than normal.

5. The Dermaroller I use is 0.5
But I also have had prp treatments done, honestly I reckon I waste for $1500.
No thickening no reduction in inflammation.

6. I haven't used minoxidil just yet, just wanting to see if RU would maintain or maybe thicken my hair up a bit. But I'm also scared of the initial shed.

7. I did just jump straight onto Ru, I didn't try finasteride purely on the basis I had sexual sides from saw palmetto. But I may need to go down the finasteride path.

Sounds like you're doing everything right man. The only thing I would consider is that the PG might be irritating your scalp, like it did mine. Some people are allergic to it, and inflammation from allergies is NOT pleasant. I switched to neogenic and things are quite a bit better.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just added a tea tree shampoo, and the itch is about 75% reduced now. Maybe something to try and unsure if it's just today. But it seems to have worked quite well.

sexxxy

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I started losing my hair at godamn 15. Got used to it eventually but I can't lie that I'd love to have some hair back as I'm an artistic individual who loves aesthetics. **** my life. It's not only the hair but I can name a dozen things that went wrong in my life that is just uncanny and abnormal, the hair was just the beginning of woes. Negative **** has a way of building thicker skin though, per the laws of 'duality' , whether you believe in it or not.

needadvice123

Reaction score
I've noticed that my hair feels thinner since starting nizoral, I'm not sure if i was using it too much. that could be the reason.