Getting heavily bald on sides. Need suggestions.

indianbaldman

Reaction score
I am a 26 years old male.

I did not realize that I was suffering from male pattern baldness till my doctor told me that I have this problem. Only one uncle in my family has such problem and all of my family in both my mother side and father side has head full of hairs. My father still has head full of hair.

Since last 2 months, I am finding that I have been losing 1-3 hairs everytime I move my hand over my head, so I thought of consulting a doctor. I went to a doctor and she told that it is fine to lose 50-100 hairs a day and is quite normal,but I am suffering from male pattern baldness or Androgenic Alopecia. And she gave me 3 medicines :-

1) A lotion called Juane Creame that contains apigenin, olenoic acid and some more chemicals.
2) A ketoconazole shampoo
3) A hair serum
4) Biotin capsules.

To apply it properly i shaved my head and started applying it. After 15 days I started having burning sensations all around my head where I apply the lotion.
I went to her and she told it is normal. After 2 more days, I saw that I am having a massive shed and I am losing 5-10 hairs even if my press my fingers on my head. I stopped the hair serum and lotion and shaved my head again. I was not using Ketoconazole that time.

After, I shaved, I am seeing that the hairs on sides are not growing anymore and the density is less in the front. I am still using ketoconazole shampoo once in 3 days, but my sides has completely gone and not coming back.

I am still using Ketoconzole shampoo 2% since last 2 weeks,once after 2 days interval, will it help in some way? Is there any hope left? If yes, than how long does it take so that I can see the effects?

I think it is because of the medicine which might not have suited me. These photos are taken today. And this is the growth after 29 days of shaving.

Is there any chance that they may grow back? Or there is no other way than transplant? I am crying badly and don't know what to do. I am keeping myself away from friends, I don't talk much, I keep on thinking about it all the time. I am getting mad.

THESE PHOTOS ARE TAKEN ON 29TH DAY AFTER SHAVING MY HEAD. THE SIDES AND BACK HAS BEEN TRIMMED TWICE BUT THERE GROWTH RATE IS EXTREMELY HIGH ON SIDES AND BACK AND GROW MORE THAN HALF INCH IN 2 WEEKS, BUT THE HAIR ON TOP REMAINS THE SAME LENGTH. THE FRONT HAIR IS 29 DAYS OLD BUT SIDES ARE JUST 1 WEEK OLD.

Snapshot_20141006_1.JPGSnapshot_20141006_2.JPGSnapshot_20141006_4.JPGSnapshot_20141006_5.JPG

This was the pic before I shaved my head and before taking medicines.

Snapshot_20140716_1a2.jpg

If it is because of some allergic reaction to some medicine, will it be reversed by any chance?
Or transplant is the only option. Is it Norwood 4 ?

I am frustrated and might attempt a suicide as well. I wear cap to hide my baldness now. I am still taking biotin capsules 20mg everyday, along with zinc and multivitamins. Trying to avoid minoxidil and Finasteride as of now.

Please suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Few More pics uploaded :-

Snapshot_20141006_6.JPGSnapshot_20141006_4.JPGSnapshot_20141006_5.JPG

hairs are about 1.5 inches long and still I am losing 2-3 years every time I comb, maybe more.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Maybe you are going through a shed due to treatment. I am not sure what that Juane Creame lotion is, but if it is minoxidil then that can cause a shed.

"I am frustrated and might attempt a suicide as well."
LOL that made me laugh. This type of talk should be grounds for an instant ban. Too much of this garbage going on.

indianbaldman

Reaction score
Maybe you are going through a shed due to treatment. I am not sure what that Juane Creame lotion is, but if it is minoxidil then that can cause a shed.

It does not have Minoxidil in it (it has Apigenin, Biotinyl Ghk, Oleanolic Acid, Keravis, Glycerin-Lactitol-Xylithol) in it .

What do you think after looking at the pics? I am not sure how the hairs fell so fast after the treatment, do you think I can see those hairs regrowing after maybe 3 months or so? I have seen that the hair loss due to chemicals like minoxidil or nizoral tend to come back after sometime..

Do I need a Hair Transplant??