getting off propecia

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think in general, propecia has really worked well for me in the past year. i still lose hair, but the hair grows back. however, i know that i cant get the hard ons i used to. I can still get it on with my girl (sometimes three or four times a night) but i miss getting random hard ons...and they aren't as stiff as they once were. the point is, i'm having problems getting erections. i can get them, but it's not as easy. i'm going to get off propecia and try something topical, like revivogen. the question i have is how to get off propecia, should i half my dosage, or shoud i start off taking one every other day??? Propecia is good, but i miss getting big stiffies without a reason. i'm only 24 !!! good luck guys.

G

choices, choices, random erections or hair?

revivogen might do the trick for you, but it is more of a hassle to use than throwing a little pil down your neck every morning.

Given the choice of being a bald man who gets random erections (never a good thing in public) or a guy with good hair who shags his girl three times a night I would be tempted to the latter, but each to his own, if you can't walk away from the random boners then a topical is the route.

As for stopping propecia, yeah maybe it's a good idea to taper the dose down over 3 or 4 weeks, go a week on half a pill, a week on a quater pill and a couple of weeks of a quarter every other day, what ever is left over you can send to me.

Cheers

Ty

viperfish

Reaction score
Personally what I would do is ween yourself off of the propecia and begin using Revivogen or Fluridil immediately. If you have been on Propecia it is not gonna hurt you to stay on it for 3+ more months and get yourself on Revivogen or even look into Fluridil. This way you can minimize any shed that may occur by giving the Revivogen, etc some time to begin working.

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Jimmy, I found your baseball.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya, i think i'm going to start on a toppical whilst still on finasteride and see what happens. Ordering is kind of scary though..do u guys worry about putting your credit card # online?

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate to tell you this but the random hard on thing has nothing to do with propecia and more to do with the fact that you are 24.

The fact that you can get it on 4 - 4 times a night says everything is working as it should. Remember, your peak was at 18. Sorry bud.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Edge, thats a good point...

As far as credit cards go i did first of all, but after about 100 odd times with no errors or some scum running amok with my credit card i don'y really think about it anymore. Its in the companies best interests to not have their customers details swiped.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say by the age of 24 random erections are not very common anyway. :lol:

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya, but i don't even get morning woods anymore. i have to try and get them now...they don't just come naturally. i know they used to a lot right before i started finasteride and i know they would if i got off it.