Getting results (with pics)

boboggins

Reaction score
I started losing my hair when I was 28 or 29, I am 33 now. Didn't really think too much about it until I got divorced. I really took notice when a date told me that I was thinning. After that I decided to look into propecia. I got a prescription and didn't get it filled until the End of October 2007. I also picked up some Rogain 5% and bought the Hairmax laser comb. I have been using all of them for about 4 1/2 months now. I took a before picture on 1-22-07 and just took a new pic on 3-5-08. I have had people that I haven't seen in a while tell me that they can really notice a difference. I am pretty happy with my results so far. Below is my daily and weekly routine since I started. I have been very dedicated to making this work.

Hairmax laser comb 3 times/week about 20 mins each session.
Propecia 1mg every day
Rogain 5% foam 2 times/day
Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Nexxus Humectress conditioner 2 times/day
Nioxin vitamin 1 time/day

boboggins

Reaction score
Re: Getting results

I am a new member of the site. I posted a couple of pictures, but I cannot see them. I was just wonderin if it is just me or can anyone else see them? If not what am I doing wrong?

boboggins

Reaction score
Re: Getting results

Before 10-22-07
102207sp0.th.jpg

After 3-5-08
3508ln9.th.jpg

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looking good

if i were you, i'd order Proscar next time instead of Propecia, quarter those tablets, and the money you'd save would allow you to add to your regimen if you so desired.

boboggins

Reaction score
I am currently dating a girl who has a dad that is a dermatologist. He said that he would write me a prescription anytime so I think I will take him up on it for proscar. Thanks for the info.

boboggins

Reaction score
This site really helped me out when I was initially looking into hair regrowth products and I just thought I would share my story just in case I could help someone the way you all have helped me. I have to admit that the shedding phases are hard to deal with, but without the information about shedding that I got from this site i would have definately given up. So with that I just want to thank you all. I will continue to take pics and keep you all updated. If any of you have questions or comments I would love to hear them. Hopefully I can help in some capacity.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
huge improvements for 5 months of 1mg finasteride/day and 5% minoxidil. also good to hear another person riding out sheds and getting results. consider yourself lucky!

boboggins

Reaction score
I do consider myself lucky, I told myself i would give it a year and if I saw no results I would just shave the head and embrace my baldness. I think i caught it in time, heres hoping we all grow more hair.

ezgoer101

Reaction score
Congrats on your growth. My story starts out similiar to yours with the divorce. Getting thrown into the dating world 9 yrs older isn't fun. I started the Proscar, Spec DNC-L, Folligen, Emu Oil, and Retina-a. I just started it yesterday and I took pics so Ill update every so often. Again it looks like your hair took a 180.

boboggins

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive response. Divorce is rough, but it sure helps if you can get a little hair back. I don't know if you can see in the before pic, but I did still have a lot of very fine hairs on my head. I think that was a contributing force i my success. I wish you all the success in your journey.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
stick to the regimen and ride out the sides. Cannot be stressed enough...hence my re-stressing :crazy:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bo, that looks awesome man your results really are fantastic especially in this amount of time. Your first pic it looked like you were well on your way towards and nw7 and now it looks like your just slightly thinning on the crown. Thats a great comeback and itl probably get better, congrats, you must feel good about it.