Getting rid of my spironolactone..Interested?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I have three unopened bottles of Dr. Lee's spironolactone in my fridge that I don't plan on using. Will sell only to someone who has a script from Dr lee for it and is a well known user (sorry). Selling for $45 shipped in CONUS only.
The bottles have an EXP date of 6/06 and are about 2-3 months old and have been stored in my fridge since they arrived.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Just for my own piece of mind...

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are you selling?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
There's a lot of alcohol in the stuff. I also use minoxidil and the the two combined dried and irritated my scalp pretty bad. I haven't used spironolactone for about a month now and my scalp is much happier. :)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
double posted for some reason

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. I used 2% spironolactone for 3 months and I had to quit because of irritation. I'm using 5% again now which I've used for about a year. The 5% doesn't cause any irritation at all..

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
have any luck with the 5%?...I have that stuff too but haven't used it much. Dr Lee decribes it as a lotion but it's more of a cream and it's a bit of a pain in the arse to apply...for me anyways.

viperfish

Reaction score
George,
How has the spironolactone been going?? I know you said you were thinking about discontinuing its use.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
have any luck with the 5%?...

No regrowth that I have noticed. The right side of my hairline has gotten worse but other than that I haven't really noticed much loss on the rest of my scalp. It appears that it has at least slowed my loss if not stopped it since I started using it last October. But at this point I'm still unsure if it has REALLY helped or not plus I also started using the lasercomb last November.

George,
How has the spironolactone been going?? I know you said you were thinking about discontinuing its use.

Yes, I was considering dropping spironolactone and adding fluridil a couple of months ago or so when I was using 2% spironolactone. But after the irritation I got from 2% spironolactone, I didn't want to try fluridil since it has an extremely high alcohol content. I don't want to spend $120 or whatever to find out I can't use it. How bout you viperfish, I remember you were thinking about trying it?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
OK no takers....How about $40 shipped :)

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sell it on E-Bay :) 8) :) :lol: :p